Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Announcements

Our donation goal for August is up! Thank you for donating.

Cozy1 is looking for PS3 and Xbox 360 testers. More info here

Join us on Posted ImageDiscord | Posted ImageFacebook | Posted ImageTwitter | Posted ImagePatreon | New Shirt Designs! (New Low Price! 12.87 w/ free prime shipping)

Photo

Play Rocksmith 2014 Remastered with an Audio Interface! (MAC)

- - - - - Mac Help No-Cable

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Offline   Mxrider619

Mxrider619

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks

What's up people, while browsing around the web for a solution, I was unable to find any no-cable workaround for using an audio interface on Mac. Then I stumbled across this gem. Worked like a charm, got my M-Audio 2x2 working perfectly with Rocksmith immediately, and wanted to share for any other Mac players!

All credit to the original video creator https://www.youtube....h?v=sMiHKBIjQe0

Offline   Alex360

Alex360

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • 340 thanks

Yeah it's not much hassle on mac with this, just gotta have decent interface, but if it's asio only it won't work the same under windows, lol
macOS : Window$

2 : 0

Offline   gmizrahi

gmizrahi

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks

I was also able to do this with my MAC with no hassle!!! Does anyone know how do fix for PC?

Offline   Lucas Pottersky

Lucas Pottersky

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks

Donator

really? is that all there is? just rename the device? nice!

I have a Mac and plan to play Rocksmith with my Focusrite Scarlett...

Offline   Alex360

Alex360

Guitar God

• 2,439 posts
  • 340 thanks

@Lucas Pottersky yeah as long as it's set to 16 bit 480000 Hz you're fine with it in rs and should probably get low latency with native asio driver :)

Offline   Xellot

Xellot

Expert Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • 2 thanks

Donator

I have a question then to add to this thread.  How, and what would be the best way to go about an Audio interface on Windows 10???  I have really been eyeballing the hell out of BIAS FX, by Positive Grid.  And I'm eventually going to buy it.  I just want to use it with RS.  I've done a little research on it, but I'm curious to know if anyone has any info on the most efficient way to run an interface on a Windows PC, or Surface Pro.  Cheers!

Offline   dwh131

dwh131

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks

Sadly, it only seems to work with interfaces with a single input. I have an old Apogee Jam (USB) that works fine with Rocksmith. But I also have a much better, lower latency, 4 input PreSonus Quantum 2 Thunderbolt 2 interface that doesn't work. Which is very disappointing because it is the only software I've found on a Mac that doesn't work with the Quantum interface. 

Offline   Robbysturms

Robbysturms

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks

I have tried Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. It works fine with the rename. Also you can create an aggregate to just use your direct line input if it is separate from your audio output. Just use a 1/4" to 3.5mm mono adapter. Tried on a MacPro, but hadn't been able to get it working on a macbook.

Also tried with a ProFire 2626 with various settings, but couldn't get it to work, I'm guessing because it has too many inputs, which is a shame, because it's a solid interface as well.

Has anybody gotten multiplayer working this way? Do you need to setup two different interfaces? Do you need to rename a second aggregate?

Offline   Alex360

Alex360

Guitar God

• 2,439 posts
  • 340 thanks

@Robbysturms i guess it's possible to get ProFire 2626 working with rs you need to force it to work in 16 bit 48 kHz and probably you'll be fine then, as for inputs that could be difficult to determinate tho :)

multiplayer searches for second cable it technically should work and nocable has it working for pc so worth trying