Locked Cozy Keepers - Musings and How To's

• Developer

This is a collection of answers to questions that readers have raised in the past and may find helpful now or in future:

I did take a look at your EOF project files.  Two things, the new version of EOF creates abridged XML arrangement files.  What this means is that the arrangement Xml files are smaller and easier to read because they don't contain all the default values.  The toolkit puts in the default values before generating the CDLC.  So as a result you need to use DDC 3.3 or turn off abridged XML arrangements in EOF preferences if you are using an older version of the toolkit.   You should not have any problem using the abridged XML arrangements with the new beta version of the toolkit as it handles all this for you and includes DDC 3.3.

The other thing I noticed in your EOF project files is the 'original.mp3' is encoded at 128 kbps and the ogg and the wems seem to be really cranked up.  As a point of reference, ODLC is typically recorded at 128 kbps which translates to the default toolkit Wwise Audio Quality 4.   Ogg and Wave audio quality can not be improved simply by cranking up the toolkit's or Wwise audio quality selector.  To do so is actually detrimental because file size is increased with no benefit to the audio quality.  Here is the rough translation of audio quality vs bit rate:

QualityFactor = new int[] { 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 };

BitRate = new int[] { 80, 96, 112, 128, 160, 192, 224, 256, 320 };

For the benefit of our readers, if you want uber quality audio in the game then you have to start  uber quality wav or ogg audio files from the beginning.

==================

'Seems to be the bass track that is making the game crash. When I don't add it into the toolkit, everything goes perfect. I wonder what the hell is wrong with the bass track to make it mess everything else up'.

Eb Drop Db should be entered into the toolkit editor as (-3, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1) even for bass.  This tuning is included in the toolkit and can be selected directly from the Add/Edit Arrangement 'Tuning' dropdown.  Crashing after tuning can be an indication that Sections/Phrases are not set properly in EOF.

=========================

I was recently asked in a PM how to repair this CDLC with the toolkit to make it work with Remastered.

This CDLC has several issues.  In addition to the bad multitone, there is no preview audio which also hoses things up for you.  Also there is no DD.  You can fix these issues with the toolkit but the original charter should be contacted and asked to reauthor and fix the CDLC too so others can benefit.

Here's how to fix the CDLC so that it works properly with Remastered. 

1.  Install the latest beta version of the toolkit.

2.  Open the toolkit and select the 'Configuration' menu at the top of the screen and check the box "Auto Generate DDC" towards the bottom of page.  Press "Close" button.  (You need to do this because this CDLC has no DD content which also causes Play Count issues in Remastered.)

3.  Select 'Import Package' button and select the CDLC.  While the CDLC is loading into the toolkit you will see an audio converter command window.  This window is one indicator that there is no preview audio so the toolkit is automagically generating it for you.

4.  Now take a look at the Guitar - Lead arrangement.  You will notice that the Lead arrangement uses a tone named "AFITotal_dist".  This is the root of the problem.  The charter broke the multitone by specifying a different tone named "DISTORTION" probably in EOF. 

5.  Select  "AFITotal_dist" in the Tones groupbox.   Press the "Edit" button.  Rename Tone Information "AFITotal_dist" to "DISTORTION" (DISTORTION is case sensitive).  Click "OK" when done editing.

6.  You should see that "AFITotal_dist" in the Tones groupbox has changed to "DISTORTION".

7.  Change the CDLC version number from "1" to "2".

8.  Click the "Generate" button.  Click "Save".  When prompted to "update 'Arrangement Identification'" answer "Yes".

That should do it.  Please let me know if this fixes it for you.

============

Another option is to type the AppID of the song that you own into the 'App ID Updater' text box.  (i.e type over '248750' with the App ID you own) in the Packer/Unpacker and press the 'Repack AppId' button and select the CDLC that you want to assign new App IDs.  Get the latest toolkit beta release here.

============

• Like 4

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

A couple of additional tips. 

Open your CDLC project files in EOF.  If EOF throws any warnings when you go to save the project again before you exit then you may have some more EOF debugging work to do.  EOF does a go job of catching issues, the problem is that most users tend to just ignore these warnings which is not usually a good idea.  If you assign multitones in EOF then resist the urge to change the multitone names in the toolkit (you will get a warning if try to do this).

Open up the CFSM 'remasterd_error.log' file (do a Windows search for the file if you don't know where to find it).  The log has a pretty good description of what the CDLC corruption is.  This may help you narrow down what you have to debug/fix in the EOF project before regenerating in the toolkit.

I downloaded the  6 'Omnific' CDLC you created.  The latest beta CFSM repairs all the 'Omnific' CDLC without throwing any errors.  If you are still experiencing problems in the game with any of these CDLC after repair then I would suggest checking the CDLC Sections/Phrases in EOF for proper placement.  Also check any chords that may not be named or placed correctly (EOF will throw errors for these).

Looks like you are using custom tuning in 'Avant-Garde'.  This can also cause in-game problems if you have not defined the custom tuning properly in the toolkit.  Additionally, I would suggest dropping the '-' dash from the sortable song title as this may also be the cause of in-game problems.  (The new beta of the toolkit will validate the song information fields.  Dashes are not permitted in the sortable fields.  You owe me $10 bucks if you ask why!)

Make sure you are using the latest version of EOF and the latest beta toolkit.

=================

In the toolkit audio quality goes from 1 to 9 with 1 being the lowest quality and 9 the best.  The audio quality will heavily impact the resulting file size of the CDLC and of course the sound (but to a smaller less noticiable extent).

The quality values and the corresponding bitrates:

Quality :  |  1 |  2 |   3 |   4 |   5 |   6 |   7 |   8 |   9 |
Bitrate :  | 80 | 96 | 112 | 128 | 160 | 192 | 224 | 256 | 320 |

ODLC is typically recorded at 128kbit/s which translates to the default toolkit setting of 4.

Audio won't be improved so use the quality setting corresponding to the bitrate of the original audio or lower.

Note that audio ripped from youtube is at 128kbit/s and using higher value won't magically make it sound better as the data can't be recreated.

==================

There's no problem with renaming your cdlc/dlc back to something usable.  Ez.pee.z

1.  Put the strange named dlc/cdlc back into the Rocksmith2014/dlc folder.

2.  Fire the latest beta version of CFSM.    Follow screen prompts to select you Rocksmith2014 installation folder and load the song collection.

Now you have two options to rename your collection.

Option A: (recommended)

• From the CFSM 'Song Manager' tab down towards the bottom right side, click on 'Select All/None'  Make sure all cdlc get selected.
  • From the 'Files' tab dropdown menu select 'Organize ArtistName Subfolder'.  This will rename you cdlc/dlc as Artist_Song_version_p.psarc and put them into seperate Artist folders.
  • From the 'Files' tab dropdown menu select 'Restore CDLC to 'dlc' folder.  This step moves the renamed cdlc back to the 'dlc' folder.
  • All Done

Option B

• From the 'Renamer' tab menu select any custom naming pattern that you want.
  • Press the button "Rename All Songs".
  • Go get some coffee ... this option takes longer.

Oh, and CFSM will help you to get rid of the duplicates.  Check the 'Duplicates' tab menu.  It would be a good idea to get rid of the duplicates before renaming.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• 1 month later...
  • Developer

Acceptable lyric characters:

!"#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\]^_abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}~¡¢¥¦§¨ª«°²³´¶·¸¹º»¼½¾¿ÀÁÂÄÅÆÇÈÉÊËÌÎÏÑÒÓÔÖØÙÚÛÜÞßàáâäåæçèéêëìíîïñòóôöøùúûüŒœŠšž„…€™␀★➨

Therefore ã is not a valid lyric character and it can not be displayed in-game without using a customized glyph DDS texture file.

Thanks to iminashi for this.

• 2 months later...
  • Developer

What causes stacked colored bars on the note highway in game?

Answer:  Producing CDLC with an old version of the toolkit, pre 2.8.2 and using arrangement xml files generated with a newer version of EOF, and forgotting (didn't read the popup warnings) to check the box in EOF to not generate abridged xml files.

Here is what you can look for to understand the difference between EOF Abridged XML files vs Toolkit XML files ...

EOF Abridged XML (Example from arrangement provided in EOF project files. This will cause stacked colored bars on the note highway in game.)
</note>
<note time="70.794" fret="3" string="1" />
<note time="71.005" fret="4" string="1" />
<note time="71.427" fret="0" palmMute="1" string="1" />

Toolkit XML (After generating the CDLC with the toolkit the arrangement xml should look like this.)
</note>
<note time="70.794" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="3" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="0" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0" />
<note time="71.005" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="4" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="0" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0" />
<note time="71.427" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="1" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="0" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0" />     

• Developer

Why does CFSM remove corrupt CDLC when I am able to play the CDLC in-game?

Look here for an explanation of why CFSM removes corrupt CDLC.

• Developer

'Is there a way to mass move my CDLC from my dlc folder to the cdlc folder that CFSM creates in the dlc folder, via CSFM?'

There are a several ways to do this with CFSM (I recommend option #2 as the simplest and fastest).   WARNING - FIRST MAKE A COMPLETE BACKUP of the 'dlc' folder in case something goes wrong. 

1.  From CFSM 'Setlist Manager' menu item, click on button 'C', Create new setlist.  Enter 'MyCDLC' as the setlist name ('cdlc' is a reserved name and can not be typed here) and click 'OK' button.  In the 'Setlist' data table, check the 'Select' checkbox for the Setlist Name you just created.  Now in the 'Master Songs' data table, click on buton 'T', Toggle selected.  Individually deselect any ODLC (Bold Italicized Songs) that you do not want to move to the 'MyCDLC' setlist folder.  Finally, from the 'Master Songs' data table, click on buton 'M' Move selected to setlist.  All your CDLC will be moved to 'MyCDLC' subfolder inside the 'dlc' folder.

2. WARNING -  THIS WILL RENAME ALL YOUR CDLC to format 'Artist_Title_Version_p.psarc'.  If you don't want to rename your CDLC then use option #1 above. 

From CFSM 'Song Manager' menu item click 'Select All/None' so that all of your CDLC are selected.  Next select 'Files' menu strip then from the dropdown, select  'Organize ArtistName Subfolder'.  This will move all your CDLC to Artist Name subfolders inside the 'dlc' folder.  Finally, from 'Files' menu strip then from the dropdown, select  'Restore CDLC to the 'dlc' Folder.  All of your CDLC are quickly moved to the 'cdlc' subfolder inside the 'dlc' folder.

3.  WARNING -  THIS WILL RENAME ALL YOUR CDLC to whatever format you select.  From CFSM 'Song Manager' menu item click 'Select All/None' so that all of your CDLC are selected.  Next from CFSM 'Renamer' menu item,check the box 'Rename only the songs that are selected in Song Manager'.  In the 'Renaming Template' enter 'cdlc\\' without the quotes into in front of _<artist>_<version>.   NOTE: you can change the template naming format to anything you like (Be sure to read the Renamer on screen directions).  When you are finished creating the template, click on button 'Preview'.  This will show you in the 'Log' what the file naming will look like.  If you are happy with the results click on button 'Rename All Songs'.<br>  </version></artist>

Enjoy.

• 3 months later...
  • Developer

This is an excerpt from a PM that other readers may find useful ...

'i am trying to make the custom tuning for my song A# F A# D# G C  but i dont know how to use this part of the Tool kit and i cant seem to find any tutorials on how to do so!  pleas help!'

Looks like you got a good answer to your question here.   Also having a look here, here, and here may be more help.  I found this tip here to be uber helpful.

• We know that values 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 is EADGBE, aka E Standard Tuning
  • As @@firekorn told you, 'The values are the number of half step the user will have to change so from E to D there's 2 step down (aka -2)'
  • So  -6, -4, -4, -4, -4, -4 is  A# F A# D# G C, aka  C Drop A# or Drop Bb or A#

Now using the toolkit 'Creator, Edit or Confirm Tuning' popup form enter the following:

1. In UI Name field, enter  'C Drop A#' (Note: you can just type over an entry in these fields to edit them)
  2. In Name field, enter 'CDropA#'
  3. In Tuninging groupbox, enter '-6, -4, -4, -4, -4, -4'
  4. Check the box 'Add as new Tuning'
  5. Press button  'Ok'

Let me know if this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developer

Why CDLC must have DD to work properly in Remastered.   Look here, herehere, and here.  Problem aka 'no song play count'.

• Developer

Good stuff about showlights here and here.

• 1 month later...
  • Developer

How to customize game appearance, skins, and images with CGT Image Injector can be found here and here.

• 5 months later...
  • Developer

This has been asked many times so it goes to the keeper list ...

Look here for how to whitelist CFSM.

I get this error message in Windows 10 when I try to run the toolkit:
unknown.png

and the correct answer taken from stackoverflow is:

I have also ran into this issue, but my problem occurred because the file had been blocked since it was downloaded from an unsecured source, GMail in my case. I solved it by

1. Right Click problematic file
  2. Click Properties
  3. Click Unblock

In my case it was the entire .zip file that was unsafe, so I unblocked the file before I unzipped it.

For more information, Google search:  https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b&q=win10+an+attempt+was+made+to+load+an+assembly+from+a+network+sandbox&nirf=win10+an+attempt+was+made+to+load+an+assembly+from+a+network+sandboxed&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi-m8rj1NDbAhUCb60KHUJCDmYQ8BYIJygB&biw=1022&bih=486

• 4 weeks later...
  • Developer

The latest beta version of the toolkit has a built in ShowLights Editor.  Here's a quick how to:

1) In the toolkit CDLC Creator GUI, use the 'Import Package' button to load an existing CDLC file.
2) Select 'ShowLights' in the 'Arrangements' box and then press the 'Edit' button.
3) In the 'Edit Arrangement' popup box, press the button next to the 'ShowLight' combobox.
4) In the 'Edit ShowLights' popup box, change the showlight 'note=' values to achieve different showlight effects.
5) Refer to the 'Note Key:' for what the different 'note=' values correspond to.

A picture is worth a thousand words:

Some ShowLights features are still a black box.  So editing will take some trial and error.  Changing 'Fog' and 'Spot Light' colors is pretty straight forward.

Special thanks to iminashi for his help exploring ShowLights.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Developer

How do I edit song information of existing CDLC so that it displays correctly in the Rocksmith setlist?

You can do this either with the toolkit or CFSM.  I think you will find it much easier to change song information with CFSM.   You can get the latest CFSM beta rev here.   The toolkit is available here.  Which ever you choose, make sure you always are using the latest test/beta revision of the software.  Here's how to edit song information with CFSM:

1) Install and run CFSM.  Let CFSM scan your song library.

2) From the 'Song Manager' tab, select (highlight) the song that has song information (Artist, Title, Album) that you would like to change.

3) Right mouse click on the selected (highlighted) song to open the contextual 'Actions' menu.

4) Select 'Edit Song Information'.  Note: You can not make any changes to ODLC as that would violate Site Rule #4.

5) In the 'Song Editor' popup make any changes you want to Artist, Title, Album, or other available fields.

6) In the lower left corner of  'Song Editor' select 'Save'.

7) Exit the 'Song Editor' popup.  The saved changes will be reflected in the 'Song Manager' 'Songs Grid'.

8) Repeat steps 2-7 for any other songs that you would like to edit the song information of.

9) Enjoy!

• Like 1

• Developer

How to convert RS2014 CDLC to RS1 CDLC?

Some may say it can't be done, or why bother, but here's how to:

First get the latest beta version of the toolkit and the latest release of EOF.

In the toolkit:

1)  From the 'DDC' tab menu, remove DDC from your RS2014 CDLC psarc file, select 'Ramp-up model' 'ddc_dd_remover' and then 'Remove DDC'.

2)  From the  'CDLC Creator' tab menu, use 'Import Package' and select the *NDD_p.psarc file created in step (1).

In EOF:

3)  Preferences, Import/Export, make sure 'Save separate Rocksmith 1 files' is checked.

4)  Use Import, Rocksmith, select the arrangement xml file from the EOF folder created in Step (2) above.

5)  Select the ogg audio file from the EOF folder created in Step (2) above.

6)  Re-sync the audio with the EOF piano scroll as necessary.  (The audio file may need to have 3 seconds of leading silence added with EOF.)

7)  Save the EOF project files, i.e. the RS1 arrangement xml files.

In the toolkit:

8)  From the 'CDLC Creator' tab menu, change the 'Game Version' radio button to 'Rocksmith'.

9)  Use 'Arrangements' 'Quick Add' button to add only the RS1 arrangement xml files create in step (5) above. (Do not add any *RS2.xml files)

10)  Update and completely fill in the 'Song Information' fields.

11)  Add the Album Artwork '*_256.png' and Audio 'guitar.ogg' from the EOF project folder.

12)   Use 'Tones' 'Imprt' (import) button to import a tone from some other RS1 CDLC *.dat file or create your own.

13)  Press 'Generate' to create your RS1 CDLC *.dat file.

Let me know how this works for you.  I partially tested it for proof of concept.  Step (6) (re-syncing) may be the hardest part.

• 1 month later...
  • Developer

Periodically a question comes up about how to use the CFSM Repairs feature which is shown here:

unknown.png

Most of the Repair menu options (shown above) have a tooltip popup which explains the use of each option.  In CFSM Song Manager, if you click on the 'Help' menustrip dropdown and select 'Repairs Help' you will see the same instructions which are excerpted below.  READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS before attempting repairs:

Repairs Overview  

CFSM 'Song Manager' now contains a menustrip that has a series of dropdown options to allow for even greater control over the CDLC song collection.   One of these dropdown options is ‘Repairs’.  This option may be used for repairing existing CDLC files.  NOTE: ODLC and Song Pack files may not be repaired.

Option #1 - Quick Repair

Select CDLC to repair from ‘Song Manager’.  From the ‘Repairs’ menustrip dropdown select 'Add Dynamic Difficulty (DD)', check 'Overwrite Existing DD', select 'Mastery 100% Bug', select 'Max Five Arrangements', check 'Remove Bonus', and finally select the green 'Run Selected Repair Options’ item to start the repair.

Option #2 - Detailed Repair Instructions For Most CFSM Users

The ‘Repairs’ menustrip item contains various dropdown options (tools) for making repairs to the CDLC song collection.  Some of these repairs are necessitated because of the release of Rocksmith 2014 Remastered  which exposed a 100% Mastery Bug in existing CDLC files.  The ‘Repairs’ tools can be used for making bulk or individual repairs to CDLC files that are located in the Rocksmith 2014 'dlc' folder and subfolders.  Once repaired these CDLC may be played bug free in Rocksmith 2014 Remastered just like usual.

1.   Start the latest beta release of CFSM.

2.   Go to ‘Song Manager’ and choose the CDLC songs that you want to repair from the ‘Results Grid’ table.  The selection can be of individual songs  by checking the box in the ‘Select’ column or done in bulk using the ‘Select All/None’ link located at the lower left side of the ‘Results Grid’.

3.   From the 'Repairs' menustrip dropdown items:

•  Select the ‘Add Dynamic Difficulty (DD)’ radio button.  This will add Dynamic Difficulty (DD) to CDLC so that the in-game Song Stats are maintained properly.
  • Optional (recommended): Check ‘Overwrite Existing DD’ to create new DD content for every arrangement.
  • Select the ‘Mastery 100% Bug’ radio button.
  • Optional: If you want to preserve in game Song Stats then check the 'Preserve Stats' checkbox.  This option will only preserve Song Stats for CDLC that have not been played in Rocksmith 2014 Remastered.   This option should not be used on CDLC that have already exhibited the 100% Mastery Bug.
  • Optional (recommended): Check ‘Prevent Multitone Exceptions’.  This option converts any CDLC arrangement that has a multitone exception into a single tone arrangement.
  • Select the ‘Max Five Arrangements’ radio button.  Also check ‘Remove Bonus’.  This is the recommended option that will eliminate most issues with CDLC that have more than five arrangements.
  • Select the green 'Run Selected Repair Options' to start the CDLC repairs.

4.    Go get a snack while the CDLC collection is repaired.

5.    Start the game, play and test the repaired CDLC collection.

Footnote:  You can review any errors that occured during repair by going to the 'Song Manager' menustrip 'Help' dropdown item and selecting 'View Error Log'.

Option #3 - Detailed Repair Instructions For CDLC Charters

1.    Create a new empty 'dlc' folder anywhere that you would like.

2.    Put the CDLC that you have charted that have the Max5 Bug into the empty 'dlc' folder.  

3.    Start CFSM and select 'Settings' tab.

4.    Change the 'Rocksmith Installation Directory' to a 'dlc' work directory that you created in Step 1 that contains only the CDLC that you have charted.

5.    Next from ‘Song Manager’ select 'Repairs' menustrip dropdown items:

• Make sure 'Mastery 100% Bug', and 'Add Dynamic Difficulty (DD)' radio buttons are selected.
  • Select the ‘Max Five Arrangements’ radio button.  This will activate the repair option checkboxes.
  • Now select appropriate options that you think will repair the CDLC that you have charted.  One suggestion is to start by selecting 'Remove Bonus' and see how many CDLC are fixed with just that one option selected.  (As an example, checking 'Remove Bonus' repairs most CDLC for charter LaceyB.)  (Checking 'Remove Metronome' may repair CDLC for charter Azrael.)
  • Select the green 'Run Selected Repair Options' to start the CDLC repairs.

6.    Put the repaired CDLC back into the official 'dlc' folder.
7.    Start the game and test the Max5 repaired CDLC.
8.    Play around with Step #5 until you achieve the output you are looking for.
9.    Be sure to re-release your repaired and tested CDLC to the world on CF Ignition.

Draft #5

• Like 2

• Developer

Using EOF abridged arrangement files with an old version of the toolkit will cause this undesired rainbow bar effect in-game.  The solution is to upgrade both EOF release and the toolkit to the latest beta release.  Regenerate the EOF project files and then generate the CDLC with the toolkit.

Screenshot_24.png

• 2 months later...
  • Developer

• 3 weeks later...
  • Developer

More CFSM Q&A:

"could someone point me to a tutorial?"  CFSM has a genereal help (tutorial) button (see top tool strip) and then each of the features have additional help buttons (see feature menu strip) and tooltip popups.  You just need to try exploring CFSM on your own a little.  You can always look here and search for anything you are having trouble with.  Look here for help with repairs.

"where is the cdlc back up folder?"  >My Documents>CFSM>Backups, Quarantine, or Remastered folders.  Open the >My Documents>debug.log file in any text editor.  The log file will also tell you about why certain files where quarantined or any errors.

"can i change the volume of the songs?"  Yes.  CFSM>Song Manager>pick a song and Select the checkbox>Right Click>Edit Song Information>Song Editor>Song Info tab (change the song volume)>Save>Exit

"the tones?"  Yes.  CFSM>Song Manager>pick a song and Select the checkbox>Right Click>Edit Song Information>Song Editor>Tones tab>(select the tone to change)>ToneEditor>(change the tone info)>OK>Save>Exit

"why Win10 doesn't see me as the administrator for this app?"  Because your are not a real admin and/or your AV does not like the app.  Have a look here for how to check your admin status, and how to whitelist the app correctly in your AV.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Developer

Crashing after tuning can be an indication of any or a combination of the following:

1. Not owning Cherub Rock,
  2. Not having or having the incorrect version of D3DX9_42.dll file,
  3. Having multiple versions of the same CDLC installed, (unless the multiple version have unique song information, including Arrangement IDs)
  4. Corrupt EOF Phrase/Sections, and/or
  5. Corrupt Showlights.xml. 

You can test if it is the later by checking the 'Default Showlights' check box in the toolkit before you press the 'Generate' button.

• Like 1

• Developer

wwise.jpg?attredirects=0

What don't you understand about the error message?

Have a look here for how to install Wwise:

http://customsforge....01621/?hl=wwise

http://customsforge....error/?hl=wwise

http://customsforge....olkit/?hl=wwise

http://customsforge....ise?do=findComment&comment=217548

http://customsforge....-wems/?hl=wwise

http://customsforge.com/topic/34756-problem-solved/?hl=problem+solved

Download and install the 2013 version of Wwise and the C++ redistributables if needed.  If you still can not install Wwise then read these links about checking admin status and AV whitelisting.

============

If the user enters the path to WwiseCLI.exe in the toolkit's "General Config" settings then the toolkit will attempt to use only that path.

If the user does not enter a path to WwiseCLI.exe in the toolkit's "General Config" settings then the toolkit will try to find the Wwise installation path from the Environmental Variable for "WWISEROOT".  The Environmental Variaiable path is written during the default Wwise installation.

If the user specifies a custom path during Wwise installation then the user must enter this path into the toolkit's "General Config" settings or else an exception will be thrown because the toolkit does not know where to find WwiseCLI.exe.

If in your case, it looks like, you have a default installation of Wwise then you should not have to enter the path into the toolkit's "General Config" settings.  That is if the version of Wwise that you are using has correctly written the Environmental Variable for "WWISEROOT".  You can confirm this by right clicking on "My Computer" and then select the 'Advanced' tab and then press the button 'Environment Variables' and look for the "WWISEROOT" variable under 'System Variables' which will show you the path to your Wwise installation where the toolkit will expect to find WwiseCLI.exe.  The version of Wwise that you have (Wwise v2015.1.4 build 5497)  should work with the toolkit if you have WwiseCLI.exe installed and the path is set correctly.

Again, if WwiseCLI.exe is not found then the toolkit will throw an exception.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Developer

Here's how to fix CDLC that have missing album artwork by automatically adding toolkit default album artwork.

Using the latest build of CFSM:

1.  remove tags from all CDLC
  2.  run Mastery 100% Bug repair option on all CDLC (default toolkit album artwork will be inserted only if original album artwork is missing)
  3.  add tags back

Caveat: the original artwork is gone for good from CDLC that have missing artwork. If you want original artwork back then you will have download the CDLC again from Ignition, or use the toolkit or CFSM to load album artwork of your choosing.

• 2 months later...
  • Developer

'When I'm going to import the tones in the Toolkit, they don't show up as normal cdlc would.  (Here's a screenshot.)'

What you have there are tone.xml template files.  These are used to set a custom tones for a tone descriptor using the toolkit.  Here is how they are used:

1) Load all your EOF project files into the toolkit 'CDLC Creator' GUI just like normal.

2) Then under Tones, highlight a tone descriptor that you would like use the tone.xml template file with.

3)  Press the Tones>'Edit' button

4)  Now instead of specifying individual Racks, Pedals, Amps or Cabinets from the 'Edit Tone' popup window like you normally would ... instead you are going to simply press the 'Load Tone' button

5)  Now select the tone.xml template file and press 'Open' which will load the tone into the tone descriptor

6)  Your tone will now be loaded and you will see new settings

7)  From the 'Edit Tone' popup window select 'OK' button

8)  The Tone from the tone.xml template will now be used which ever tone you had selected

9)  Press the 'Generate' button to finish making the CDLC

• 5 months later...
  • Developer

You have not given us enough information to be able to help you.

1) What type of system do you have (PC/Mac)?

2) What OS are running (Win7/Mojave)?

3) Do you have administrative privilege?
4) What Antivirus are you running?
5) What error messages are you getting (post a screenshot)?
6) What have you tried?

Google is your friend.  Look here.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Developer

For anyone with Mac 64 bit Rocksmith 2014 Remastered issues.  Here's what to do:

1) Uninstall Rocksmith.  Make sure you DELETE the steam folder/files under application support when uninstalling it. Most user issues with uplay account not showing up and/or dlc missing are because when doing the uninstall the users never went in and manually deleted this folder.

2) Re-install Rocksmith to the default location.  After the install, have steam verify your new files BEFORE applying the patch. http://customsforge....e-2#entry323900

3)  Download, unzip and run the "run rs patch.command", then launch Rocksmith as normal.  Here's the patch:. https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Notes:
If/when steam/ubi pushes a new version of Rocksmith then you MUST repeat the above process.  You may turn off steam autoupdates while ubi is testing new versions of Rocksmith if you want to avoid having to go through this process every-time.

If you encounter issues with Mac CDLC ... 1) Make sure you own ODLC Cherub Rock.  2) Make sure all your CDLC AppId's have been set to Cherub Rock and are repaired using CFSM>Repairs.  3) Make sure you don't have any duplicate CDLC using CFSM>Duplicates (check for both types of duplicates) 

If you have upgraded to Mac OS Catalina then you will need to run CFSM using Crossover, or Boot Camp apps.  Otherwise you can run CFSM using the Rocksmith Tools Launcher app.

Here's the full version of the instructions and link to patch.