No D3DX9_42.dll file in my rocksmith folder?

Seaquinn

Question

Hello,

I'm trying to play custom songs on Rocksmith. I have Rocksmith 2014 remastered edition from Steam.

Following the instructions, I have gone to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rocksmith2014

But I don't have a D3DX9_42.dll file in there to replace, so dropping the new file in there does nothing.

What am I missing?

I've purchased and installed Cherub Rock. Not sure how to proceed.

4 answers to this question

If there wasn't one to replace, that just means you wer enot using CDLC before October last year - don't stress.

If you have the current and correct .dll in the folder and own cherub rock - go play some cdlc, that's all you have to do (assuming you've put the cdlc files into your dlc folder.

• Like 1

Hello,

I'm trying to play custom songs on Rocksmith. I have Rocksmith 2014 remastered edition from Steam.

Following the instructions, I have gone to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rocksmith2014

But I don't have a D3DX9_42.dll file in there to replace, so dropping the new file in there does nothing.

What am I missing?

I've purchased and installed Cherub Rock. Not sure how to proceed.

Hey Seaquinn, if you cant solve the problem, try to verify integrity of game files, on steam game options, and check if the file appears on the directory. 

anytime you have problems with Rocksmith loading, or crashing, could be from viruses through songs, or just your internet in general.. What I've found typically fixes ALL PROBLEMS at least for the most part.  Is one save all of your songs onto OneDrive, a cloud, or a USB Flash drive..  That is easy!

After that, go to your rocksmith folder which is located under (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rocksmith2014 and delete your D3DX9_42.dll file, as mentioned above in the other post..  Then just come back here to the do forums, and if you'll notice int hat red area close to the top of yoru screen it mentions bug fixes, etc.  Just download the D3DX9_42.dll file and save it to your rocksmith folder again.  Sometime I delete my rocksmth.ini folder and just copy and paste the settings of a new one in my rocksmith folder too... I don't even know if that helps but basically in short if you'll delete your dx file, then download a new one, typically that fixes most crash/function issues.  As for 100% bug well thats all back in the red area..  There's also a rocksmith configuration file in your rocksmith folder, which shows you how to tweak your audio settings for the best results/latency.  In there is where you can find a new Rocksmith.ini example if you choose to delete and copy a new one.  Anyway Goodlouck bud.  Sometimes you will just have to reinstall the game..  youtube has videos that show you how to set up cdlc also..

Hey guys, thanks for all the info. ZagatoZee was right that it was indeed working, strangely the songs didn't show up though when I tried so I thought the lack of an existing dll to replace was the cause. They somehow appeared now and play great so all good! maybe I needed to restart or something. Appreciate all the tips :)