Song won't appear in the game

Morrows

Question

PC, bought through Steam, using RS14. I've downloaded songs via the Manager-thingy, and put the psarc files in the DLC-folder of the game.

I've also used the tool kit (didnt have the pumpkins song and I bought some Linkin Park when I got the game), repack the appid as Numb by LP and then chose it from the DLC-folder. So far so good, no errors. Game still starts etcetc.

I download a CDLC, Passive by A Perfect Circle. I add it to the DLC-folder, rescan through CFSM, no errors, it picks up the song etc no problems. I thought.

Go into the game, search for the song, won't show up. I add another DLC-song (Alter Bridge) but it won't find that either. I check some posts, I re-download the D3DX9_42.dll and re-add it. Nothing happens. I'm on Windows 10 if that helps.

I THINK I've done everything that I should but obviously I must have missed a part. I just can't figure out what it is I've missed. The game still works, it just won't pick up my CDLC. 

Appreciate any help I can get on this. Bought the game last weekend on the steam sale and I'm loving it so far, already getting better at playing and I'd love to practice some of these songs.

• Like 1

15 answers to this question

Your screenshots don't work.

Anyway, whatever video you watched is wrong. CDLC needs to have the AppID that matches whatever official DLC you own so that the game thinks that's what you're playing.

So delete the official DLC that you modified and re-download it through Steam. Then use the Toolkit to change the AppID of the cDLC you've downloaded to match the official DLC.

This is why it's recommended that you just purchase Cherub Rock. 90% of the cDLC here use that as their AppID by default, so you don't have to change them. You can just download them and add them to your dlc folder and be done.

Your screenshots don't work.

Anyway, whatever video you watched is wrong. CDLC needs to have the AppID that matches whatever official DLC you own so that the game thinks that's what you're playing.

So delete the official DLC that you modified and re-download it through Steam. Then use the Toolkit to change the AppID of the cDLC you've downloaded to match the official DLC.

This is why it's recommended that you just purchase Cherub Rock. 90% of the cDLC here use that as their AppID by default, so you don't have to change them. You can just download them and add them to your dlc folder and be done.

That was the video I used. 

http://i.imgur.com/5vJvzT3.png

http://i.imgur.com/CBisSJf.png

New screens. No idea where the last ones went... sorry about that. But I'm not sure what you mean by changing the cDLC to the official DLC. I thought that's what I did? Like I said I followed the video above which was apparently correct, or so I thought...

Your first post implies that you changed the AppID of your official dlc (it's not worded very clearly). If you've changed the AppID of the customs you downloaded to match official dlc that you own then you've done it correctly and it's something else that's wrong.

Where did you download the dll file from? Did you get it from here:

http://customsforge.com/topic/33138-rocksmith-remastered-cdlc-fix/?p=231225 ?

Your first post implies that you changed the AppID of your official dlc (it's not worded very clearly). If you've changed the AppID of the customs you downloaded to match official dlc that you own then you've done it correctly and it's something else that's wrong.

Where did you download the dll file from? Did you get it from here:

http://customsforge.com/topic/33138-rocksmith-remastered-cdlc-fix/?p=231225 ?

And I can't remember if I used that link, I might've used the link that's in the aformentioned video description on YT. Gonan try changing it again.

That video is really old, from way before the Remastered update for Rocksmith. The dll I posted the link for has been updated to work with Rocksmith Remastered.

Yeah I changed it. Still not working though. Can't find the cDLC I downloaded. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong but I'm so obviously doing SOMETHING wrong.

@@Morrows - Regardless of the dll you're using, the songs should show up (but not necessarily work) so long as you have the "App ID" of the custom matches the App ID of a official DLC song that you own (or there's not a conflict with other CDLC, but this shouldn't be a problem as you just have a few). This screenshot of yours seems to that the custom songs that you have (visible in that window, Alter Bridge - Cry of Achilles and A Perfect Circle - Passive) have the App ID of 248750 (which is Cherub Rock) and not that of Linkin Park - Numb (which looks like it's 295090). I'm not sure what's going wrong when you're trying to change the app ID, but you'll need to fix that (or save yourself a lot of trouble and just buy Cherub Rock) before you'll get the custom songs to show up.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Not to hijack your thread, but Im having the same issue since I updated the Rocksmith Toolkit. Not sure if Im misunderstanding how to use it, now that the UI has changed, but Ive used CDLC without any issues up to this point, so Im not quite sure why this isnt working for me. 

http://imgur.com/Eim9wN0

Yes, I own Aces High(its the ID Ive used for all my CDLC), and Ive updated the .dll after the Remastered update. All my 'old' CDLC is still showing up, and working. 

The correct way to do this, is to choose a song I own and RS2014 in the AppIdUpdater, hit Repack AppID and pick the CDLC I'd like to update, correct? Then put that update in the Rocksmith DLC-folder, and thats it, right? Then why arnt the CDLCs Im trying to add showing up in-game? This is driving me mad, I need some new songs in my life, and the official DLCs havent been to my taste in a while now.