Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Announcements

We need to hit at least half of our goal asap! Click here to donate!

We've posted our first newsletter. We plan on expanding it to include featured CDLC and more!

We're looking for more volunteers! At the moment we are looking for a server admin, social media manager/newsletter writer, and another web developer fluent in jquery, bootstrap, datatables

You can find the details here:
http://customsforge.com/index.php/topic/48145-customsforge-october-volunteers/

We're working on removing all bad advertisements. If you experience any please use this form:
https://goo.gl/forms/7A32R0MuzQu4WJSd2

We appreciate if you could whitelist us and report any suspicious ads.
CFSM has a CDLC rating system in testing! We need your help!

Photo

Remastered messed up scoring?

- - - - - Remastered cdlc

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
182 replies to this topic

Offline   Prime_L

Prime_L

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks

I just scored over 406% on Jeff Williams - I May Fall and I'm wondering, because I'm not that good, has the patch messed up scoring on CDLC? I've played a couple of CDLC and official songs and the official songs seem OK but CDLC seems to score higher?

To be fair this is the first time I've played in a while where I haven't been drunk so maybe it's a lesson to play sober more often, but I have a feeling it was the patch. Anyone else experiencing this?

Offline   embob

embob

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • 0 thanks

Yes I keep getting 100% on every CDLC I play. Tried not actually playing anything for a whole song and still got 100%. Guessing it must just be the new patch

Offline   Mortalo

Mortalo

King in Yellow

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,885 posts
  • 145 thanks

First of all it's a Mastery that is messed up. Not the Accuraccy. Mastery is affected by Master Mode. Prior to update, it could go up to 110% with MM enabled. Something was changed, that's why we see it go crazy.

I have to agree that it can be irritating scrolling through songs and see those weird numbers.

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

Done Nothing for the Community

• Administrator

• 3,863 posts
  • 547 thanks

Donator

We are aware and investigating it but it might take a bit of time to get this sorted out. If you can put here on which songs you DO NOT encounter this issue (outside of ODLC of course) it would be greatly appreciated.

Any whining about the issue or useless post without any constructive and precise information about the issue will be deleted.

@cozy1 @Alex360 @Chlipouni @raynebc Zephyrix and others devs on the toolkit/EOF/whatever, it would be nice to be able to pinpoint the issue and fix it on future (and if possible past) CDLC thank you in advance for your help!

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Online   Wormweed

Wormweed

Master Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • 9 thanks

The Connels - 74-75 did not give me a higher mastery than my accuracy after playing the song. Maybe someone else can try it, and see if it also works fine for them.

Link to this cdlc http://customsforge..../´74-´75-r23397

Offline   Mac66

Mac66

Master Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • 2 thanks

Heart of Glass and Corazon Espinado did not give me 100%. I noticed that the songs without sections the whole way through gave me the problem.

Offline   JacobOwnzU

JacobOwnzU

Expert Guitarist

• Charter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • PSN:JacobOwnzU

Steam Profile

I noticed this happening to my game whenever I play any song that doesn't have dynamic difficulty on it, the scores seem to be completely off. I'm not sure why the update is doing this but I hope this gets fixed soon.

Offline   onayll

onayll

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks

FWIW - My son and I were playing multiplayer on AC/DC Moneytalks.  I played lead, and he played bass.  My mastery shot up to 100% while his did not.  I should have scored about 93% and the game scored his mastery properly at 95%.  The song has DD and it was enabled. 

http://customsforge....oneytalks-r9909

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

• Administrator

• 3,863 posts
  • 547 thanks

Donator

@Mac66 @JacobOwnzU Songs with DDC or hand made DD show the same issue so it's not because of section or DD presence.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

• Administrator

• 3,863 posts
  • 547 thanks

Donator

@Alex360 @cozy1 : i can confirm that 74-75 CDLC do not produce the issue of mastery on lead (do have the issue on rhythm) on a clean profile with the standard settings.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Offline   Chlipouni

Chlipouni

Touring Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts
  • 317 thanks

@Alex360 @cozy1 : i can confirm that 74-75 CDLC do not produce the issue of mastery on lead (do have the issue on rhythm) on a clean profile with the standard settings.

The lead contains only a few chords.

In the manifests Json files there is a "Score_MaxNotes" property which is setted with the total amount of notes + chords (in CDLCs).

When we look inside ODLCs this property seems more complex to compute...

Maybe :

- chords count more than one

- notes and chords in a phrase are counted only one time, whatever the number of iterations of this phrase (when we know how to play an iteration we know how to play the others)

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

• Administrator

• 3,863 posts
  • 547 thanks

Donator

i've looked everywhere except in the json file so far and wasn't able to pinpoint anything of substance concerning this. i hope that by having actual CDLC that behave somewhat correctly, it might be easier to see where things go wrong.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Offline   jbroch

jbroch

Master Guitarist

• Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • 44 thanks
  • XBOX:TamitRaelc

Not sure if this helps or not, I have DD turned off and All of the CDLC I have played plays normally and no scoring anomalies.  Perhaps till this gets sorted out a possible workaround for folks can be to turn off DD in the game client. That way they can still practice and not skew their scores and what not. But someone else should try this and confirm if it stops the bogus number issue. 

JB

Offline   delwin

delwin

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 22 posts
  • 0 thanks

I think PC Plum is on to something with his conjecture about chords factoring into this. May not be the only problem and/or might simply be a coincidence, but I think it bears investigating.

I play bass and have only noticed this 100% mastery bug a few times. I didn't pay too much attention to it last night, but after a bit of fiddling tonight, every song I played which had chords in it triggered this bug and every song I played which didn't have chords seemed to generate its mastery score correctly (not a terribly wide range, call it 5 without and 3 with so far this evening, and I'll update this post after some more experimentation if I see anything which doesn't follow this pattern).

Also, for what it's worth, the bugged 100% mastery does count for 100% missions. 

Offline   Rodman

Rodman

L64 R66 B72

• 4,402 posts
  • 257 thanks

User's Awards

Can someone try a bass file with chords please - that will narrow the issue regarding chords.

I would do myself but i´m stuck at work till 6pm cet.

Offline   Rodman

Rodman

L64 R66 B72

• 4,402 posts
  • 257 thanks

User's Awards

Meanwhile - as they still didnt implement the Score Attack Mastery (which is soooo annoying for Championship players cause after your final and best run you have to go for another one in LAS to have your real mastery shown at song selection :godmode: risking to do even better not being counted for the CS awards) you can as long as there is no fix just keep playing in SCORE ATTACK mode without your songs stats getting messed up!

Offline   delwin

delwin

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 22 posts
  • 0 thanks

I have tried several. Spent about an hour or so playing after my last post and the pattern is holding. Bass tracks with chords get the 100% bug, bass tracks with no chords seem to get the mastery score that they should. 

Offline   nightwatcher

nightwatcher

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • 3 thanks

so far, I have not really encountered this problem thus far (though I have played very little right now) But, I am not plugged in, ( I"m playing through my amp so I don't hit one note) My end percentage is 0% 

does this only happen if you hit one note? (so far I have played about 6 CDLCL's today.

or does this problem only happen on score attack?

Offline   beyondtool

beyondtool

Master Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • 12 thanks

Coldplay - In my place doens't have the 100% bug on lead and it has only a few chord sections:

http://customsforge....my-place-r4491 

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

• Administrator

• 3,863 posts
  • 547 thanks

Donator

@Chlipouni The "Score_MaxNotes" is always the same as the "NotesHard" value in all files weather it's ODLC or CDLC so i'm not sure it would be the cause here...

What i've seen in the ODLC Json files is that there's a "Chord" section that isn't defined in CDLC before the "ChordTemplates" definition. But the fact that it's also missing in working CDLC seems to indicate it's not part of the issue.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography