Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Announcements

We need our donation goal completed asap! Click here to donate. Any amount helps. $400 Left!
We'll be at MAGFest 2019! Come and meet us.
We're always looking for Volunteers. At the moment we're looking for volunteers for the following positions: Moderators, Newsletter/Social Media Staff, Bootstrap/jQuery/Datatables Developer, PHP/MySQL/Laravel Developer, C# / .net Developer, NGINX/PHP-FPM Server Administrator, Graphic Design Artist. If you think you have what it takes please fill out our form. Our main priority is finding another datatables/bootstrap/jquery developer.
You can apply for all the positions here: https://goo.gl/forms/yWt0FX8GQGie3WGG2 | Newsletter Issue 2 has been released! - Please fill out the survey after viewing
Join us on: Discord | Facebook | Twitter | Patreon | Merch (Now Offering International Shipping!) [+Stickers, Mugs, etc!] | Report Bad Ads

Photo

Is Rocksmith remastered going to break cdlc?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
643 replies to this topic

Offline   Alex360

Alex360

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts
  • 343 thanks

Offline   mikejl46

mikejl46

Medium Guitarist

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • 1 thanks

If this is the end, it will be the end for me for sure, all my favorite songs are CDLC

Offline   Starbuzzz

Starbuzzz

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • 0 thanks

They will fix it ! I trust all the guys who gave me the opportunity to learn guitar with all the great CDLCs found on this site :)

Offline   rubberduckmafia

rubberduckmafia

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • XBOX:Rubberduckmafia

r.i.psmith 2014

Offline   baluba007

baluba007

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks
I decided to backup like the other guy suggested to do a while ago. also, i did not download the update. remaster to me had nothing useful imo that risked losing my cdlc. i dont trust the rs devs at all lol. sorry to hear quite a few of you rushed into the update.

Offline   dpslikeits1999

dpslikeits1999

Expert Guitarist

• Charter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • 20 thanks

Anyone try reverting their hard drive to pre-update status?

Offline   masaru

masaru

Master Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • 10 thanks

well i will answer myself.

i gave a try offline with my router off and everything works just like before.

means these days i will play offline, while developers figure out something, for sure they will.

don't get all depressed guys, i think it's just a matter of time, put your trust in CF developers,they will not let us down!

Thanked by 1 Member:

Offline   Slaysme

Slaysme

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • PSN:slaysme

Donator

This sucks, made worse IMO by the fact it's still visible.

Offline   Molice

Molice

Guitar God

• Donator
  • 2,062 posts
  • 88 thanks

Steam Profile

Can we  to share there old files of RS14 folder, (originals) until there no way for working cdlc? (Q, to admin and moderator)

Offline   mikejl46

mikejl46

Medium Guitarist

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • 1 thanks

I will just setup on another computer later, with no update if this doesn't work it self out.

Offline   Bojar

Bojar

Master Guitarist

• Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • 71 thanks

Don't update this game

Offline   gomer11

gomer11

Expert Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • 9 thanks

Donator

This same issue is occurring on Mac using OS Sierra. I don't use the .dll file on Mac so I'm not sure what the solution may be. I also noted that the update added a new rs1compatibilitydlc_m.psarc file to my DLC folder. Hopefully this is just a minor issue and not a deliberate attempt to kill the CDLC community by Ubisoft. That would be a real bummer.

Offline   Teinashu

Teinashu

Lord of Hunger.

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • 364 thanks
  • XBOX:Teinashu

Donator

Can we  to share there old files of RS14 folder, (originals) until there no way for working cdlc? (Q, to admin and moderator)

No. We are working hard on getting a fix. In the meantime you'll just have to wait, play official songs or try to revert to the previous version. 

Community Admin | Send me a message if you are having trouble with something | Teinashu's Hall of Glory
Steam -

Thanked by 2 Members:

Offline   Tuto

Tuto

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • 1 thanks

Steam Profile

Just as a quick "don't bother trying this" - I just tried to "repack" my CDLC's using the Song Creator tool. Didn't work but worth a shot I thought :)

www.Twitter.com/BoardDavid

Offline   Slaysme

Slaysme

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • PSN:slaysme

Donator

If I were them, I'd make one of the new songs the needed key.

I know it doesn't work like that, but I would be logical.

Offline   harvis

harvis

Guitar God

• 2,499 posts
  • 62 thanks

If I were them, I'd make one of the new songs the needed key.

Holy Machiavelli, Batman!

Offline   blueshabs

blueshabs

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • 0 thanks

No. We are working hard on getting a fix. In the meantime you'll just have to wait, play official songs or try to revert to the previous version. 

Is there a way to revert back to the previous version on a mac?  Thanks.

Offline   Teinashu

Teinashu

Lord of Hunger.

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • 364 thanks
  • XBOX:Teinashu

Donator

Mac seems to work when using the injector.
https://www.reddit.c..._update/d8dwcq8

Community Admin | Send me a message if you are having trouble with something | Teinashu's Hall of Glory
Steam -

Offline   Wepeel

Wepeel

International Mac Help Desk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • 134 thanks

Mac seems to work when using the injector.
https://www.reddit.c..._update/d8dwcq8

No cDLC works on Mac for me.  It shows up in the game, but crashes just like everybody else when you try and play it.

I don't have a reddit account, but somebody should ask that person to post a screen shot of a cDLC loaded with the note highway.

**EDIT**

As I suspected, he hadn't actually played any customs.  He's updated his post to confirm they aren't working for him either.

Offline   danwelsh

danwelsh

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • 1 thanks
Gomer11 stated that there was a new rs1compatibility_m.psarc when updated.....what if someone just try's the old one in the new update?.....just a thought, I'm not home right now and at work for a few more hours.....I just won't launch steam at all if you guys need some help with this when I get home since I didn't update yet