Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Photo

Preferences not saving on exit

- - - - - preferences display Rocksmith Settings ChartZoom GridSnap

Best Answer raynebc, 29 September 2016 - 12:07 PM

The first likely possibility is you have placed the EOF program in a protected area of the file system, such as within "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)", which would cause Windows (by default) to interfere and prevent files being written. The latest versions of EOF should warn about that location in particular, but it's also worth checking to see if eof_log.txt is being updated. If not, there is probably some sort of file permissions issue with the folder EOF is stored in. Moving the EOF folder to a different place is worth a try. If that doesn't fix it, let me know. Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Offline   Hornet871

Hornet871

Hardcore Guitarist

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • XBOX:Rud3Awak3ning

As simply as the title says, I'm having trouble with my settings and preferences reverting after I exit EoF. I set them up the same way every time I use it, but with previous versions I needn't have worried about that, as it would save my settings for future use of the program. Any ideas on the fix, or something I'm doing wrong?

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,827 posts
  • 755 thanks
✓  Best Answer
The first likely possibility is you have placed the EOF program in a protected area of the file system, such as within "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)", which would cause Windows (by default) to interfere and prevent files being written. The latest versions of EOF should warn about that location in particular, but it's also worth checking to see if eof_log.txt is being updated. If not, there is probably some sort of file permissions issue with the folder EOF is stored in. Moving the EOF folder to a different place is worth a try. If that doesn't fix it, let me know.

Offline   Hornet871

Hornet871

Hardcore Guitarist

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • 1 thanks

I had previously already had to fix that issue, of having it in program files. I simply extracted it straight to the downloads folder and nested it there instead. As for eof_log, I've no idea how to read it, as far as what's happened when, but I don't see anything in there about the settings changing or being unable to save.

I've got a link to the eof log in it's current state here: https://www.dropbox....of_log.txt?dl=0

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,827 posts
  • 755 thanks
The log file doesn't show the preferences getting written until the program is formally closed (ie. Esc or File>Exit). If you can re-send the log while EOF is closed, I could check it out.

Offline   Hornet871

Hornet871

Hardcore Guitarist

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • 1 thanks

Well, for some reason or another, it did finally end up saving. Not sure what prevented it before, but it's keeping its setup now!