DD makes the chart inaccurate at some point

ShrillBear52

I've almost finishd my project but have a few issues with it (as usually).

The most appering problem is with the chord boxes.

At a few point on the song some of the chords are do not appers as a repeated "strum pattern" even through they have "High density" enabled (Thanks Rockman for pointing this out to me).

eg: http://www.kepfeltoltes.hu/160928/Screenshot_2016-09-25_15.25.42_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png

The next one is more of a problem.

In the pic. you can see the notes are appers separately however they have "link to next" enabled.

http://www.kepfeltoltes.hu/160928/Screenshot_2016-09-25_15.25.28_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png

The last one is with the bends.

One double-stop has an extra bend on the b string however I only set it for the g string.(via tech-view of course) http://www.kepfeltoltes.hu/160928/Screenshot_2016-09-25_15.26.40_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png

I don't know if is this an issue at all,but this doublestop has "pre-bends" enabled after this first one.

I think they don't appers as "pre-bends" but could be the game's fault to not registering.

http://www.kepfeltoltes.hu/160928/Screenshot_2016-09-25_15.26.42_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png

(I can't realy tell if this a pre-bend or not so don't blame me about this one pls.)

Again,most of this (exepct the bends) are not problems with out DD on the .XML files.

but you can only find out if you watch the project file

here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zw7tio5fmc7cli9/what%20if.eof?dl=0

Please let me know if I made something wrong and that's cause the problem(s).

Thanks!

My Customs

The reasons why most of my customs are not updated yet:

1.)I'm lazy to do it because I have no motivation for it

2.)I'm not at my computer

3.)I'm working on a song that I haven't made it yet

4.)I don't have any song to work on it

G7SOxFY.jpg

• Administrator

1) all the note are off grid which is inherently bad.

2) DDC will always set the section start on the first beat of a measure which means that it will move the section compare to what you have in your EOF which is the very likely cause of your issue. Note that is likely because the beat map is incorrect which is a flaws on your part.

3) it's hard to tell for the bend what is the real cause here but with all the flaws in the chart anyway, it might be a combination of issue that leads to that result.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

1) all the note are off grid which is inherently bad.

2) DDC will always set the section start on the first beat of a measure which means that it will move the section compare to what you have in your EOF which is the very likely cause of your issue. Note that is likely because the beat map is incorrect which is a flaws on your part.

3) it's hard to tell for the bend what is the real cause here but with all the flaws in the chart anyway, it might be a combination of issue that leads to that result.

1.) Whad do you mean by that exactly?  

2) Then how should I do the beat mapping correctly or do something to fix this without sarting the whole project again?

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

@@ShrillBear52,

About the two first issues (chord boxes and single linked notes), it is because these chords and notes are separated by a new section.

With DD, each section can evolve separately and may have different levels of DD.

To correct this, you can move the section, but as Firekorn said, a section must always start on the first beat of a measure (DDC do this automatically if it is not the case in your EOF project).

About the grid you can use the [song][Highlight non grid snapped notes] menu in EOF to display all notes which are not grid snapped (it depends on the grid snap settings that you have previously chosen).

When you create a new song, it is better to synchronize each measure with the soundtrack instead of moving the notes. If you do that, you will be able to import the notes in each arrangement without having to resync them with the soundtrack.

• Administrator

@@Chlipouni note that RS doesn't have any issue with a section starting on another beat than the first of the measure, at least i never encounter any issue by doing so in handmade DD chart.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

@@Chlipouni note that RS doesn't have any issue with a section starting on another beat than the first of the measure, at least i never encounter any issue by doing so in handmade DD chart.

I agree with that, but have you ever seen an official CDLC with a section that doesn't start on the main beat of a measure ?

Rocksmith 2014 allows too to play CDLC which are badly synchronized  :mellow:

• Administrator

@@Chlipouni Iron Maiden - The Trooper have off beat section start if i recall correctly, i can't check right now where the section start exactly but i think they are on the 4th beat of the measure.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

@@ShrillBear52,

About the two first issues (chord boxes and single linked notes), it is because these chords and notes are separated by a new section.

With DD, each section can evolve separately and may have different levels of DD.

To correct this, you can move the section, but as Firekorn said, a section must always start on the first beat of a measure (DDC do this automatically if it is not the case in your EOF project).

About the grid you can use the [song][Highlight non grid snapped notes] menu in EOF to display all notes which are not grid snapped (it depends on the grid snap settings that you have previously chosen).

When you create a new song, it is better to synchronize each measure with the soundtrack instead of moving the notes. If you do that, you will be able to import the notes in each arrangement without having to resync them with the soundtrack.

1).Which section has seperate chords? And what do you mean by "move a section".

Also,I'm counfused about this: In my earlier projects I did this way as the starting (after finishing the notes in gp6 af course).

-set the correct bpm

-set the right time signature

-move the beats to the starting point( where it should start in the wavegraphs)

But the problem is with the leading silence. In my very earlier projects I always added the leading silence and not did anything with that.After a few months,a project of my cutted of most of the notes in the intro part (when I used DD ) and then after I signd this problem I was told to use the "push offset back" at the beat menu part and that solved the problem.But as I remember in my earlier works I shouldn't had to do this part and didn't realy have issue with it.But correct me if I'm wrong pls.

2).I always use this feature of course and in this project I don't have non grid snaped notes, because I could see the yellow sign at the "amazing part". I use a custom settings wich is 1/64 that was suggested by Firekorn a few months ago.

I still don't understand how do I suppose to "synchronize" each measure with the soundtrack "properly". 

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

I have had many problems with bends on double stops.  Can you post a pic of the EoF i.e. normal view in EoF and tech view in EoF of the same notes?

Also, I often make new sections not on the main beat.  But my priority is camera angle for non-DD songs, so I guess it does not relate to the problem here really...

I have had many problems with bends on double stops.  Can you post a pic of the EoF i.e. normal view in EoF and tech view in EoF of the same notes?

Also, I often make new sections not on the main beat.  But my priority is camera angle for non-DD songs, so I guess it does not relate to the problem here really...

There is two double stops wich has problem:

this one has wrong endings on the b and g string

http://www.kepfeltoltes.hu/160929/Screenshot_2016-09-29_20.51.33_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png

and this one (not sure about it) has the lot of pre-bend stuff

(see the RS pics. on the topic above)

http://www.kepfeltoltes.hu/160929/Screenshot_2016-09-29_20.51.39_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

To return to the sync part: I don't know what else I'm suppose to do as fixing. I've used the metronome option and the beats sounded good ( at least that was what I hear).  

And if I remember correctly (but correct me if i'm wrong)  I used GetTheLedOut's method to do the sync part, but I think I missd something what I can't figure it out.

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

@@ShrillBear52,

Your CDLC is divided in sections (intro, verse, chorus, ..., outro) and each section is divided in phrases (two or more measures).

When you add the sections in EOF, you need to take care about the notes just before and after the section change.

For example, if you have two linked notes, one before and the other after the section change, they will be separated in the game in case of DD usage.

It is the same with the "highdensity" status of the chords. A chord is always setted as low density when it is the first one of a section.

About the phrases, the rules are the same. If you have not created the phrases yourself in EOF, DDC will create them automatically by using the "phrase length parameter".

It is always better to create the phrases in EOF, so you can define for DDC the groups of adjacent measures that have a repeating pattern of notes.

In RS2014, you can select the sections in the Riff Repeater. The phrases are displayed as boxes which leveled up or down depending on your playing skills.

So, as I said in my preceding post, the two first issues are related to the sections and phrases changes.

About the synchronizing process in EOF :

- You move the first measure to synchronize the rhythm markers with the beginning of the soundtrack.

- You also need to synchronize the following measures all along the track, if they are not correctly synchronized.

You have to do this from the beginning until the end.

Importing notes on the arrangement can help you to synchronize the measures, but you only have to move the measures (never move the notes, they will follow the measures moves).

@@ShrillBear52,

Your CDLC is divided in sections (intro, verse, chorus, ..., outro) and each section is divided in phrases (two or more measures).

When you add the sections in EOF, you need to take care about the notes just before and after the section change.

For example, if you have two linked notes, one before and the other after the section change, they will be separated in the game in case of DD usage.

It is the same with the "highdensity" status of the chords. A chord is always setted as low density when it is the first one of a section.

About the phrases, the rules are the same. If you have not created the phrases yourself in EOF, DDC will create them automatically by using the "phrase length parameter".

It is always better to create the phrases in EOF, so you can define for DDC the groups of adjacent measures that have a repeating pattern of notes.

In RS2014, you can select the sections in the Riff Repeater. The phrases are displayed as boxes which leveled up or down depending on your playing skills.

So, as I said in my preceding post, the two first issues are related to the sections and phrases changes.

About the synchronizing process in EOF :

- You move the first measure to synchronize the rhythm markers with the beginning of the soundtrack.

- You also need to synchronize the following measures all along the track, if they are not correctly synchronized.

You have to do this from the beginning until the end.

Importing notes on the arrangement can help you to synchronize the measures, but you only have to move the measures (never move the notes, they will follow the measures moves).

I know that I have to make pharses because sections by themself are not enough.

What I did in the project is added the intro sections 5 times (with the "also add as rs pharse" option checkd) and 4 sections from those were only appering in the "Lead" part,the last one is for all arangements.I did this procedure until the end of the song as adding a newer section maybe after a 20 seconds. 

I understand that notes are should not be in 2 sections at the same time,but I'm afarid that that is not the cause of problem in my case.I check multiple times the notes/chords and none of them were in 2 sections(not sure about if I had this issue in the eg:"lead" part if that will affect the other "rhythm" and "bass" part too). But I will double check it agan just to be sure.

And the way you described how to synchronizing is mostly what I always do:

-set the correct tempo

-set time signature

-move the measure ( I mean the fist beat) to where the notes will or should apper

and most of the time they are not well synchronized so of coure I have to do it more time until I feel and hear that is spot on with the Wavegraphs.

I never move notes,only the measures if that's what you mean.

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

• Developer

The problem with the first bend is that you also have a non-tech-note bend on the note which should be removed.

http://i.imgur.com/zRSz2MB.png

The pre-bends look OK as far as I can tell.

• Like 1

The problem with the first bend is that you also have a non-tech-note bend on the note which should be removed.

http://i.imgur.com/zRSz2MB.png

The pre-bends look OK as far as I can tell.

Oh thank you, I dindn't noticed that at al

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

Maybe you did it, but you clearly did it wrong and the issue you are talking about are clearly because the note cross a section.

I check and there shouln't be notes that cross into another section, but just as a curiosity where did you was notes/chords that cross into another section? (btw, if  there is then EOF why doesn't warn me about it?)

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

• Administrator

@@ShrillBear52 it's a sneaky thing here, DDC when creating DD put back all section start to the first beat of the measure (not sure what was the reason behind it but that's how it is) but your section aren't on the first beat of the measure so EOF doesn't have any issue but when going through DDC, there is.

But as long as the beat map is off (and it is!) it doesn't matter cause you will always have lots of issue to get things to display correctly all the time.

The first beat of the measure should be on the first note but in your case, the first note is 1 beat and little more behind the first beat :

http://i.imgur.com/OaBMm7v.png

as long as you don't fix this, it doesn't matter what you try to do, the CDLC will have issue with DDC.

• Like 3

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

@@ShrillBear52 it's a sneaky thing here, DDC when creating DD put back all section start to the first beat of the measure (not sure what was the reason behind it but that's how it is) but your section aren't on the first beat of the measure so EOF doesn't have any issue but when going through DDC, there is.

But as long as the beat map is off (and it is!) it doesn't matter cause you will always have lots of issue to get things to display correctly all the time.

The first beat of the measure should be on the first note but in your case, the first note is 1 beat and little more behind the first beat :

http://i.imgur.com/OaBMm7v.png

as long as you don't fix this, it doesn't matter what you try to do, the CDLC will have issue with DDC.

Oh,I will be honest, I didn't know that you meant for this as an issue. (I'm ashamed my self again) thank you!!

I deleted the extra beats at the begenning and as I saw the chord issues are solved.

The only remaining issue is with the 9th note on the g string.For some reason RS doesn'r handle it as a note with a "link to next" endabeld on it. It shows them as 2 seperate note.

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg