Latest Beta 1.2.5.0 CFSMsetup.exe reruns every start (after initial launch)

GorbyRulez

• Developer

Did this bad behavior start again?  Thought indication was that it was fixed?  

Try uninstalling CFSM using the uninstaller.  Then make sure to delete the "CustomsForgeSongManager" folder in the "Programs Files" directory.  Finally, reinstall using CFSMSetup.exe.  Plz report back success or failure.  Thanks

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

It is developer commit issue.  I will talk to the others.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• 3 months later...
  • Developer

You will need to reinitialize CFMS completely by deleting the CFSM folder in MyDocuments before installing the new version.  Many changes thus the need to delete.

EDIT: will auto fix this in the next release.

• Developer

@@cozy1 didnt help, it's popping up every time again.

I am running  CFSM 1.2.8.6 and am unable to reproduce this condition. Could you provide more information?  What is your system setup, specs, av, etc.  See my signature line below for what is needed.  Have you added CFSM to your AV's white list  of approved apps?

Intel i7 2600k, Win 7 ultimate 64 bit, MS framework 4.6.1, Eset nod32 antivirus 9, and cfsm is added to the white list.

Didnt have this problem in the past, just happened with the recent versions, after reforged came out. No changes to my system after that.

I have searched the registry and the cfsm settings files to see if there is something that tells it to launch the install file, but i cant find anything of the sort.

• Developer

Intel i7 2600k, Win 7 ultimate 64 bit, MS framework 4.6.1, Eset nod32 antivirus 9, and cfsm is added to the white list.

Didnt have this problem in the past, just happened with the recent versions, after reforged came out. No changes to my system after that.

I have searched the registry and the cfsm settings files to see if there is something that tells it to launch the install file, but i cant find anything of the sort.

Have you seen this post and the fix (workaround)?

Does manually downloading the latest beta and performing a fresh install solve the problem for you?

• Developer

Maybe, I don't know for sure, but it could also be this, "MS framework 4.6.1, Eset nod32 antivirus 9".  You may want to try installing   Net 4.0.30319, (you will have to uninstall MS framework 4.6.1 first) and disabling your AV temporarily.

• Developer

Try the latest beta.  I added a checkbox to Settings menu to allow user to disable auto update.