Required App ID not available in

bboopsf

Question

I just downloaded AC/DC 'You Shook Me All Night Long' and its App ID is the 248750-Smashing Pumpkins 'Cherub Rock'. I purchased other songs instead.  The App ID for  the songs I recently purchased are however not available in the pull down tab of Custom Toolkit 2.5.0.0-25199c63 beta. The songs I purchased are by KISS-'Detroit Rock City', I Was Made for Loving You', and 'Heaven's on Fire'.

What happens if I do not update to correct App ID?

10 answers to this question

The KISS DLCs came out fairly recently, so that's why the app ID isn't in the toolkit. It wouldn't hurt to bring this to the attentions of the devs over in toolkit sub-forum. Maybe it'd be easy for them to add.

• Like 1

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

Your only options that I know of is to do what @@GetTheLedOut suggested, purchase another song you like that is in the toolkit's song list, or unpack your customs with the toolkit, change the appid with a text editor to one of your Kiss songs and then repack it. If your not sure how to do this we can walk you though it. IMHO though the easiest thing to do is to purchase another song you like. 

Kiss appid's are:

Detroit Rock = 271422

Heaven's On Fire = 271424

I Was Made For Loving You = 271423

• Like 1

Well, I still want to know if you've looked in the your Rocksmith DLC folder -- just to confirm you don't actually have the Cherub song. Seems strange you wouldn't. Unless they stopped giving this away? I didn't buy RS2014 right away when it came out, and it came with my copy.

It should be available as a purchase through Steam if nothing else. You'll save yourself a lot of trouble just buying it.

Well, I still want to know if you've looked in the your Rocksmith DLC folder -- just to confirm you don't actually have the Cherub song. Seems strange you wouldn't. Unless they stopped giving this away? I didn't buy RS2014 right away when it came out, and it came with my copy.

It should be available as a purchase through Steam if nothing else. You'll save yourself a lot of trouble just buying it.

Cherub Rock was free for people who pre-purchased RS2. I didn't get it until after release, so had to buy Cherub Rock.

I also strongly agree with your last point. 

md_sig-e1431714006358.jpg

It doesn't work like that.

The game checks ownership of DLC and only shows DLC that you've actually purchased, to prevent piracy.

CDLC needs to share the ID of DLC that you've purchased in order for it to show up.

Either you need to buy Cherub Rock, or use the toolkit to change the ID of the CDLC to one that you do own.

If the DLC you own is not listed in the toolkit, you can edit the RocksmithToolkitLib.SongAppId.xml in your toolkit folder to add it.