Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Announcements

Our June donation goal is up. Any amount helps and we always appreciate any contributions to the community!

Updated rule on requests and a new topic to place your requests

We're looking for volunteers: Bootstrap/CSS/Datatables/jQuery, PHP/MySQL/Laravel Click here to apply | Help shape Ignition 4!

Join us on Posted ImageDiscord | Posted ImageFacebook | Posted ImageTwitter | Posted ImagePatreon | New Shirt Designs!

Photo

Wired vs Wireless setup?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Offline   Archie79

Archie79

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • 0 thanks

Was just looking for some input on  other players preference, advice and experiences? I have used a wireless system in the past for my bass guitar. Although sound wise I didn't notice any difference in sound quality I did on occasions experience some interference. After about 1 year my system packed in and due to cash flow I reverted back to using my D'addario custom cable which delivers amazing sound quality with no interference. One difference I have made since using my wireless system is upgraded my patch cables for my pedals from D'Addario classic cables to custom cables. I know the custom cables have superior shielding so I don't really know how much difference it might have made to my wireless system regards interference? The one thing I hate about cables is that I am forever standing on them and pulling it out of my bass jack so I am considering buying a wireless system again. Does anyone have any recommendations or should I stick to cables? Unfortunately for the first time in my life I am faced with a very real prospect of being made redundant in the next 4-5 weeks so I wouldn't be looking to spend a mega amount of cash. I am very aware that you get what you pay for and I have always been lucky enough to be in a position to by good quality gear but I just can't justify it at the moment as I have other priorities at the moment so that is why I am asking if there are any good cheap wireless systems out there or better off sticking to cables until I am in a position to buy something of better quality? Thanks in advance for any replies/advice.

Offline   Moz

Moz

Hardcore Guitarist

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • 1 thanks

I've been using a Prosound wireless system I bought from Maplin a few years ago.

I've never noticed any lag and the sound quality is brilliant.

And as an added bonus I no longer trip over my cables.

Just checked and it's now down to £59.99.

www.maplin.co.uk/p/prosound-wireless-guitar-system-n88gu

Hope this helps :)

Thanked by 1 Member:

Offline   Cbouty

Cbouty

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 23 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • PSN:cbouty

I have the Xwire system and it is amazing!  I hate supercoiled cords  - from rock climbing, to hoses, to Guitar cords.  The $140 for the xwire receivers was worth every penny!!!!

Offline   KingCobra

KingCobra

Master Guitarist

• Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • 29 thanks
I'm using the Line6 Relay G10 with no quality issues, but you're looking at around $140.