Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Announcements

End of the month goal with the remaining renewals!

CustomsForge Developer & Moderator volunteer positions are open! (Moderator, Bootstrap/CSS/Datatables/jQuery, PHP/MySQL/Laravel)
Click here to apply

Join us on Posted ImageDiscord | Posted ImageFacebook | Posted ImageTwitter | Posted ImagePatreon

Photo

CDLC Won't Load after tuning

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Offline   Hunterfox1

Hunterfox1

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • 1 thanks

I've downloaded a couple of songs off the custom forge website to try and play on Rocksmith.  I download them and put them into my dlc file for rocksmith.  Rocksmith does recognize them in game. However, whenever I turn on the song, it will take me to the tuning phase and then after that the song will not load.  The speakers and everything still work because you can hear when you pick strings after the tuning.  I've tried using the rocksmith patcher, but it doesnt even recognize the songs. I also downloaded the D3DX9_42.dll file, and it didnt change anything.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Offline   GetTheLedOut

GetTheLedOut

Jimmy Page Fanboy

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  • 413 thanks

It sounds like you don't have the .dll file in the correct folder. It needs to be in the root folder, as per the tutorial: http://customsforge....dlcs-in-rs2014/

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

Don't be that guy who posts in a song's thread, asking for another song by that artist. That guy is weak... and he gets ignored.

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

Offline   Hunterfox1

Hunterfox1

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • 1 thanks

It sounds like you don't have the .dll file in the correct folder. It needs to be in the root folder, as per the tutorial: http://customsforge....dlcs-in-rs2014/

By root folder I'm guessing you mean the Rocksmith2014 folder that you go into under SteamApps > common > Rocksmith2014? If so, I did do that.  That didn't change anything.  The video didn't really explain much about the root folder to begin with.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Offline   GetTheLedOut

GetTheLedOut

Jimmy Page Fanboy

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  • 413 thanks

By root folder I'm guessing you mean the Rocksmith2014 folder that you go into under SteamApps > common > Rocksmith2014? If so, I did do that.  That didn't change anything.  The video didn't really explain much about the root folder to begin with.

Yes, it's the one subfolder back from the /dlc folder - it contains the game's .exe file. 

In that case, make sure that the file name of the .dll does not end with a "(1)" or "(2)" - it does, just delete that from the filename. This will happen if you've added the .dll multiple times, and is one of known causes of your problem.

If you've done things correctly, you should see a small black cmd prompt window open up when you launch Rocksmith. You'll also want to read the rest of that tutorial if you haven't already.

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

Don't be that guy who posts in a song's thread, asking for another song by that artist. That guy is weak... and he gets ignored.

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

Offline   Hunterfox1

Hunterfox1

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • 1 thanks

Yes, it's the one subfolder back from the /dlc folder - it contains the game's .exe file. 

In that case, make sure that the file name of the .dll does not end with a "(1)" or "(2)" - it does, just delete that from the filename. This will happen if you've added the .dll multiple times, and is one of known causes of your problem.

If you've done things correctly, you should see a small black cmd prompt window open up when you launch Rocksmith. You'll also want to read the rest of that tutorial if you haven't already.

Yeah I just had to rename that .dll flie.  Thank you so much for you help. Works really good now! :D

Offline   bsgifford05

bsgifford05

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks

For those of us that this didn't work are there any other fixes?  I only have the one D3DX9_42.dll in my root folder but none of the CDLC songs will actually load after tuning. I do see the debug window load when I open Rocksmith 2014 as well.  By all appearances it should be working fine but it won't load...

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

Done Nothing for the Community

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts
  • 516 thanks
  • LocationVillers-CotterĂȘts, France

@bsgifford05 With the remastered update and the last dll, you shouldn't have a command window anymore :

CDLC not working - General Rocksmith - CustomsForge

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Offline   morsedan

morsedan

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks

I had the same issue and I did a lot of the steps here. Nothing worked and it always stopped at the tuning part. One solution that worked for me is go to your Rocksmith folder. Find the Rocksmith start icon and right click it. You should have the option to run as administrator. Click that instead of open and if everything is set up as previous stated here you should be good. 

Offline   Banjoclan

Banjoclan

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks

Hi, I'm having this same issue and have tried these fixes and still have the same issue as described. I've ensured the song (it's Run Runaway which is the current challenge song and there's no (1) or (2) attached to it) is in the root directory. I've also tried running as administrator and it still won't work. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Here's the name of the file exactly as it appears in my DLC folder: Slade_Run-Runaway_v1_DD_p.psarc

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

Done Nothing for the Community

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts
  • 516 thanks
  • LocationVillers-CotterĂȘts, France

@Banjoclan did you miss that link? http://customsforge....rking/?p=196795

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Offline   Banjoclan

Banjoclan

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks

firekorn, awesome,thanks! My weekend just got busier!!! That link was in the thread too and I didn't do it. Mea Culpa.

Offline   Banjoclan

Banjoclan

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks

Hi, sorry to be a bother but I've got that 100% bug thing. I searched and I tried to download the CFSM found here:http://ignition.customsforge.com/cfsm but when I clicked the "finish" button I got a code 740 error. Something about elevation.

Offline   W4Whales

W4Whales

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks

I am having the same problem as the first post in the thread but I have a mac. I went to the instructions page and followed them closely and I still have the same problem. There are no numbers in my m.psarc files. Can anyone help?

Offline   W4Whales

W4Whales

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks

I am having the same problem as the first post in the thread but I have a mac. I went to the instructions page and followed them closely and I still have the same problem. There are no numbers in my m.psarc files. Can anyone help?