Wrong notes imported into EOF

ShrillBear52

Question

I hate to write this again,but it seems EoF still not a friend of mine :(    The first pic.is a legato part,i don't know if it's imported in just this way to EOF,or this is how whould look like in rocksmith.The Secon pic.is basicly the same stroy,don't know if it's just imported this way or no.

Here is the GP file,if you need.   Thanks!

http://oi65.tinypic.com/29xvi1f.jpg

http://oi64.tinypic.com/vrrr4p.jpg

My Customs

The reasons why most of my customs are not updated yet:

1.)I'm lazy to do it because I have no motivation for it

2.)I'm not at my computer

3.)I'm working on a song that I haven't made it yet

4.)I don't have any song to work on it

G7SOxFY.jpg

Not really sure what your question is, since those look like the correct notes to me.

Could you give us more information?

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

Not really sure what your question is, since those look like the correct notes to me.

Could you give us more information?

There are no tremolo marks,in the solo,and the legato length in the other part is short.

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

For the tremolo notes just click on the note and press ctrl + shift + o to add tremolo in EoF

For the bend in the first picture, it looks like the second half (the release of the bend) didn't import. Maybe it's not authored properly in guitar pro? Anyway, just add it manually into EoF.

1) Turn grid snap on through the menu or by pressing the , and . keys. Setting it to 1/16 should work fine in most cases. You'll want to leave grid snap on pretty much all the time.
2) click on the note and add sustain with the ] key.
3) press F4 to switch tech view on/off
4) right click to add tech notes where you want them. In this case it would be at the high and low points of the bend. press Ctrl + b to input the strength of the bends.

It would be well worth your time to learn how to chart basic notes and bends in EoF. That way you won't have to constantly get stuck when things don't import 100% perfectly.  

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

For the tremolo notes just click on the note and press ctrl + shift + o to add tremolo in EoF

For the bend in the first picture, it looks like the second half (the release of the bend) didn't import. Maybe it's not authored properly in guitar pro? Anyway, just add it manually into EoF.

1) Turn grid snap on through the menu or by pressing the , and . keys. Setting it to 1/16 should work fine in most cases. You'll want to leave grid snap on pretty much all the time.

2) click on the note and add sustain with the ] key.

3) press F4 to switch tech view on/off

4) right click to add tech notes where you want them. In this case it would be at the high and low points of the bend. press Ctrl + b to input the strength of the bends.

It would be well worth your time to learn how to chart basic notes and bends in EoF. That way you won't have to constantly get stuck when things don't import 100% perfectly.  

Thanks,but the problem here is not over,because there are tremeolo marks in chords,where it shouldn't be,also there are many other wrong modification in the notes.

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

Regarding the tremolo issue, EOF will have given you this prompt during the import of that track:

"Remove the track difficulty limit to show imported tremolo phrases?"

If you answer no, you won't see the tremolo phrases because until you disable the track's difficulty limit, tremolos are only displayed if they are track-wide like in Rock Band 3 (instead of being applicable to individual difficulties like in Rocksmith). You can manually remove the limit with "Track>Rocksmith>Remove difficulty limit" and then you should see the tremolo techniques. I'm still looking into the first issue with the tie note with bend technique not importing with the expected length.

You mentioned other problems in your last post (ie. tremolo status applied where it shouldn't be), but you haven't described where this problem or others occur.

I've fixed the remaining issue you described, which only would happen for tie notes that also have a before the beat grace note.

Sorry,but I don't see any effect,because I downloaded the newest EOF,and the tie notes are still not good,also,I always chosed to remvoe the difficulty limit,but even when I click to the yes button,there are no tremolos in the solo.

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

Unless I say a previous release had the fix, whenever I say I've just fixed something, consider that as meaning the correction will be in the next hotfix.

Please be more specific about the tremolo issue. Every time I test it, EOF imports tremolo for most of the notes in measures 41 through 48 of the lead arrangement (which was the part of the tab you indicated in your previous screen shot):

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/raynebc/Vampires%20GP%20import%20tremolo_zpsrxc1htxd.jpg

Unless I say a previous release had the fix, whenever I say I've just fixed something, consider that as meaning the correction will be in the next hotfix.

Please be more specific about the tremolo issue. Every time I test it, EOF imports tremolo for most of the notes in measures 41 through 48 of the lead arrangement (which was the part of the tab you indicated in your previous screen shot):

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/raynebc/Vampires%20GP%20import%20tremolo_zpsrxc1htxd.jpg

The problem is,when EOF asks me to remove the difficulty limit,it doesn't matter if I click yes or no,because even if I click yes,the tremolos are not imported,so does the legato part too.   :(

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

I don't know what to tell you about the tremolo status, my screen capture shows that it does import. Your screen capture shows that you moved notes after import, so it's possible your alterations caused the tremolo phrases to be removed (if a tremolo phrase no longer has any notes in it, such as if they were moved outside the phrase or deleted, the tremolo phrase is deleted automatically). Please try re-importing the GP track, in a separate EOF window, as a test and let me know if notes starting at measure 52 (the start of the solo) in EOF doesn't show tremolo.

The issue shown in your first screen capture will be resolved in the next hotfix that is posted.

If there are any issues besides those two you described in the first post, please provide relevant information.

I don't know what to tell you about the tremolo status, my screen capture shows that it does import. Your screen capture shows that you moved notes after import, so it's possible your alterations caused the tremolo phrases to be removed (if a tremolo phrase no longer has any notes in it, such as if they were moved outside the phrase or deleted, the tremolo phrase is deleted automatically). Please try re-importing the GP track, in a separate EOF window, as a test and let me know if notes starting at measure 52 (the start of the solo) in EOF doesn't show tremolo.

The issue shown in your first screen capture will be resolved in the next hotfix that is posted.

If there are any issues besides those two you described in the first post, please provide relevant information.

Well,I don' know in what logic,but after third time dowlanding the latest EOF,and replaced the old files,the tremolos seems normal in the solo.I just don't know why it didn't workd previusly.Also if the legato issue will be solved in the next hotfix,should i start to to the project or leave it until the next hotfix? (I don't know any other issues in experience with EOF currently.)

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

You can easily correct the length of the note involved in the legato issue using steps previously mentioned by @@GetTheLedOut, there's no need to wait for a new EOF just for that.

Well, it seems, i won't make this song either,because guitar pro 6 and 5 are sucks at importing.Guitar pro 6 doesn't import grace notes and guitar pro 5 doesn't import let ring parts,and also the NORMAL slides are imported as legato slides.And sadly,the story doesn't ends here,because EOF doesn't handle right another guitar pro tab.When i import the Lead part,and make it to be sync,it doesn't effect the rhythm part,and messes up the whole thing.I mean if I syncd the lead part and i want to make the rhythm and import it,it doesn't have the same changes as in the lead. It looks like, i can't make any of these songs,and i'm start to get depressd because if these effect in other songs that i whould like to make in the future,it's not going to work,and then i can't make customs anymore :(

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

If you don't want to make corrections to the import, it's up to you, but it is 100% possible to author customs without even importing a Guitar Pro file at all.

Guitar Pro 6 supports things that Guitar Pro 5 format doesn't support, so some things won't be correct if you export to that format. If you find something that EOF isn't importing correctly, let me know by providing the GP file and details.

As far as the syncing, it sounds like you are clicking and dragging notes instead of the beat markers -->. Syncing the notes by moving the beat markers is the only recommended way to sync a chart. If you move notes instead, then when you go to import another track, that track's notes will be out of sync like you described because the Guitar Pro import matches measures in the GP file to the measures in EOF. GP doesn't have enough timing information to do this another way.

• Like 1

If you don't want to make corrections to the import, it's up to you, but it is 100% possible to author customs without even importing a Guitar Pro file at all.

Guitar Pro 6 supports things that Guitar Pro 5 format doesn't support, so some things won't be correct if you export to that format. If you find something that EOF isn't importing correctly, let me know by providing the GP file and details.

As far as the syncing, it sounds like you are clicking and dragging notes instead of the beat markers -->. Syncing the notes by moving the beat markers is the only recommended way to sync a chart. If you move notes instead, then when you go to import another track, that track's notes will be out of sync like you described because the Guitar Pro import matches measures in the GP file to the measures in EOF. GP doesn't have enough timing information to do this another way.

2 things are not imported correctly basd in my experience,the first one is the legato,i said that earlier,the second one is these 2 guitar parts,but i don't know for sure,maybe the problem is only with me,but whould you try it pls? Also the guitar pro things wich are not imported corretly is not EOF's fault,beacuse the problem is the next:i make changes in a GP tab and then export it,the tab has a grace note in both guitar part,this is what guitar pro 6 doesn't import.Then i have to open the tab in Guitar Pro 5 to export in there,because it's import the grace notes,but guitar pro 5 doesn't import the let ring parts and the NORMAL slides are imported as legato slides.And these are my problem currently.

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

Please be specific. Which exact parts (measure numbers for each track) of that Guitar Pro file are not importing correctly into EOF?

Don't you under stand?   This problems are not with EOF!(execpt the legato issue stuff) Guitar Pro 5 doesn't export legato slides,let ring parts,and the normal slides are imported as legato slides.Guitar Pro 6 doesn't export the graces notes only,there are a grace note in both guitar tracks at the legato part,wich is another problem,but this time it's not guitar pro 5 or 6's fault,because they both import it correctly,only EOF doesn't import it good.Just see for your self,try to import the Vampires GP file into GP 6 and 5 and see the difference.

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

I just wanted to make sure I understood what you were saying. If it's not an EOF problem I'm not going to worry about it then. I don't have Guitar Pro 6, so I can't compare how it loads the file differently. It may be worth contacting them to report the inconsistent behavior between the two versions of the software, although they may just say that the GP5 behavior is wrong and it won't get fixed because that version is no longer supported.

• Administrator

But what export are you talking about? I'm lost in all the export and import stuff :

Guitar Pro 5 doesn't export...Guitar Pro 6 doesn't export...they both import it correctly...EOF doesn't import it good...import the Vampires GP file into GP 6 and 5

It makes no sense to me...

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

But what export are you talking about? I'm lost in all the export and import stuff :

Guitar Pro 5 doesn't export...Guitar Pro 6 doesn't export...they both import it correctly...EOF doesn't import it good...import the Vampires GP file into GP 6 and 5

It makes no sense to me...

Guitar pro 5  export normal slides into legato slides,and legato slides into normals slides,also it doesn't export let ring parts.Guitar pro 6 doesn't export grace notes correctly ant that's where i get mindfuck.Sorry if i was stupid,i'm very neourvus again and i can't focus normaly.

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

• Administrator

But there's no need to export anything from GP5 and the only export you do in GP6 is to get a GP5 file which for all i know have never had issue with grace notes...

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

But there's no need to export anything from GP5 and the only export you do in GP6 is to get a GP5 file which for all i know have never had issue with grace notes...

Good for you,but i have problem with these as you see,the problem with grace nots(i didn't mentiond it before lol) is,when i put a legato slide to it(to the grace note)GP 6 doesn't export the legato slide to the grace note,if it whould export it,then i don't have to mess with guitar pro 5 with the slides issues and LET RING part issuses,Maybe i have a bad version of GP 6,i don't know

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

• Administrator

true that slides status on grace note doesn't export from GP6 to GP5 (hence a new reason to avoid grace note in general but that's good for another topic). But correcting this either in EOF, GP5 of GP6 takes a really small amount of time (might be even quicker in EOF than in GP).

Not sure what your issue with let rind might be cause the export well from 6 to 5 and even though EOF doesn't manage those anyway so you'll have to add them by add later no matter what...

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

true that slides status on grace note doesn't export from GP6 to GP5 (hence a new reason to avoid grace note in general but that's good for another topic). But correcting this either in EOF, GP5 of GP6 takes a really small amount of time (might be even quicker in EOF than in GP).

Not sure what your issue with let rind might be cause the export well from 6 to 5 and even though EOF doesn't manage those anyway so you'll have to add them by add later no matter what...

I meant the slides on grace notes are not exported in any other way,if i even save it and open it later, it's still not noted as a slide grace note, and that's the first problem and it's not EOF's fault,do you think i should try another GP 6 ?because my currently is not so stabil anyway...

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg