Locked Approved CDLC Filter

Would you like to see an Approved CDLC Filter?  

446 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see an Approved CDLC Filter?

wont this mean a lot of work for someone, or several someones? how do you make sure they dont get bored and stop doing it?

Sex is like spreading butter on toast. Sure you can do it with a credit card, but its so much easier with a knife :shock:

Of Course Yes ! But why DD optionnal ?

Take a look at my Workshop. You'll find which song I plan to create someday.

Please leave constructive feedback, it helps me creating better customs !

Please don't thanks with comment but with the button !

I think it depends upon what "approved" means.  It seems to me that there was a rush on SA to get customs approved, but they were not complete and many times the person who submitted would move on to the next song without ever completing their previous works. Having half finished or incorrect songs in the approved section completely defeats the purpose of having the section in the first place. Just my opinion. 

The approved section on SA was the reason I no longer wanted to be a Mod on there due to the approved section being changed for just any old shit goes in here regardless of how complete it was, If you are saying complete then mean it complete not missing anything.  

• Like 3

I will tell you what's wrong and you will accept this information.

If there is a good working RR in the custom you can add the DD yourself with the toolkit.

I know that but a Complete song according to Ubisoft and its DLC is a Song with

• All parts (with some bonuses why not)
  • Vocals
  • RR
  • DD

So why an approved song wouldn't be an ubisoft's DLC like ? An approved Custom would be as good as an official one ! 

Otherwise what is the point of an approved section if it's not to have a repository of Fully Completed in all way DLC ?

Take a look at my Workshop. You'll find which song I plan to create someday.

Please leave constructive feedback, it helps me creating better customs !

Please don't thanks with comment but with the button !

If there is a good working RR in the custom you can add the DD yourself with the toolkit.

• Vocals
  • RR
  • DD

So why an approved song wouldn't be an ubisoft's DLC like ? An approved Custom would be as good as an official one ! 

Otherwise what is the point of an approved section if it's not to have a repository of Fully Completed in all way DLC ?

the purpose of an approved list should serve two fold as a way to weed out well done portions of songs in specific instruments, as well as to archive entirely complete songs, but saying that a song has to have all parts in order to be accepted is going to do more bad than good. they should be distinguished, but the completeness of a song in terms of instruments should be different than how good a song happens to be in any given instrument in particular

• Administrator

• Vocals
  • RR
  • DD

Because there are lots of people who really really dislike DD, not sure why and don't really care, but it's a really small thing to add dd to a song with the toolkit.

I'll bite my tongue I have said it before and I'll be fucked if I'll say it again. 

What do you mean?

Community Admin | Send me a message if you are having trouble with something | Teinashu's Hall of Glory
Steam -

Well I can play it in riff repeater on 50-70% so I'll learn it soon to play on 100 and all ok, but you probably won't just DL unknown song and play it at 100% mastery you can play it on 60-80 even 90 but not at 100 (except twinkle twinkle little star and similar "hard as hell" songs...)About that leechers can add DD through toolkit - that myth, I wonder how they come here and managed to install cdlc, cause most of them "Just users". But even Charters too lazy to add DD whats next, Well we've added DDC to toolkit for this purpose, but its used by charters who use DD, but not you MisterDC ;)

Because there are lots of people who really really dislike DD, not sure why and don't really care, but it's a really small thing to add dd to a song with the toolkit.

If it's a really small thing to add DD with the toolkit, then the maker should add it.

For those that dislike DD, it's an even smaller thing to level up a song inside Rocksmith.

Even when fully levelled, having DD makes it easier to tell the sections apart as you get bars with recognisable heights, instead of just thin lines.

I agree with BHMath; an approved CDLC should be as complete as an official DLC.

• Like 1

Adding DD is a fucking 10 second step in the toolkit for the creator, Its a 5 min step for someone who downloaded it work it out for fuck sake it no 2 second job for someone who doesn't even know how to use the toolkit and for those who say if you can't play it why create it, I made a song I cannot play and it seems to be one of my best pieces of work (except for the tone  :???:) so you cant say if you can't play then dont make it thats not what RS is about I am afraid.

• Like 2

I will tell you what's wrong and you will accept this information.

We can't without ability to reload our custom in-game while rocksmith running, fuck that too annoying for me to run it every time i need to check changes... if we could do so I can agree that I can supply also DD'ed version of mine work. (but I don't like to create all versions of my cdlc - only pc and mac from last 2 songs...) cause no one will DL it anyway :P

I'm afraid we have here 2 visions of the purpose of an "approved section".

On the one's hand: a kind of flattery for the ego of creators. ("I made the perfect full custom with everything like UBI...")

On the other hand: something to help people to enjoy the rocksmith experience. ( "I've  try to make a good and usefull custom that people can download and use...")

That's why my idea of 3 "levels" of customs could please everyone: amature, advanced, and hardcore creators... and of course players ;).

+1 on the "bagde" idea / highlighted Lead, Rythm and Bass

+1 "Approved" should not be a separate list from the main search database

+1 on need for DD. I already downloaded a song where DDC simply did not work. And those users who really hate it that much can always remove DD with DDC, am I right? That is at least much easier for them as for a noob who first needs to find out what the toolkit is. Also: While charting, you have to restart RS a looooooot of times for testing and editing... doing that just one more time at the very end to check if DD works is not that much of an extra...

My thoughts:

1. On the entry page for a song, there could be simple checkbox fields for L,R,B: "thumbs up", and "thumbs down".

Then you could present results like: 75% of 22 people liked the Lead track, 22% of 5 people liked the Rythm track and so forth.

The badge or highlight could then be automatically applied when some criteria are met

- minimum number of votes e.g. 10 people

- 50%<bronze, 70%<silver, 90%<gold

This would keep the process simple, automated and influenced by the whole community (because I cannot imagine how a limited group of selected people want to test 3 tracks on currently more than 1600 songs)

2. Another thought, because it seems like nobody has addressed it in this thread:

Should "approved" require support of all four platforms? In terms of "having the same features as any official DLC"?

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

I think it depends upon what "approved" means.  It seems to me that there was a rush on SA to get customs approved, but they were not complete and many times the person who submitted would move on to the next song without ever completing their previous works. Having half finished or incorrect songs in the approved section completely defeats the purpose of having the section in the first place. Just my opinion.

I think a good way to avoid this would be to only allow each user to have only one finished custom in the approval process at any one time. If they don't finish it to address user feedback, they have to withdraw it to put it back in an unfinished/incomplete category before they can bring up another one for approval. And to prevent obviously unfinished charts from wasting the time of reviewers, previous suggestions to track which user-tested parts (ie. a particular arrangement) of a chart have been tried and seem to work could help. A chart can wait to be fully reviewed until at least a bare minimum (all arrangements, riff repeater, etc) have been user tested in general.
  • Like 3

+1 on the "bagde" idea / highlighted Lead, Rythm and Bass

+1 "Approved" should not be a separate list from the main search database

+1 on need for DD. I already downloaded a song where DDC simply did not work. And those users who really hate it that much can always remove DD with DDC, am I right? That is at least much easier for them as for a noob who first needs to find out what the toolkit is. Also: While charting, you have to restart RS a looooooot of times for testing and editing... doing that just one more time at the very end to check if DD works is not that much of an extra...

My thoughts:

1. On the entry page for a song, there could be simple checkbox fields for L,R,B: "thumbs up", and "thumbs down".

Then you could present results like: 75% of 22 people liked the Lead track, 22% of 5 people liked the Rythm track and so forth.

The badge or highlight could then be automatically applied when some criteria are met

- minimum number of votes e.g. 10 people

- 50%<bronze, 70%<silver, 90%<gold

This would keep the process simple, automated and influenced by the whole community (because I cannot imagine how a limited group of selected people want to test 3 tracks on currently more than 1600 songs)

2. Another thought, because it seems like nobody has addressed it in this thread:

Should "approved" require support of all four platforms? In terms of "having the same features as any official DLC"?

I generally agree with most of your points. For dynamic difficulty, in the database, instead of having a check like it is now, also make it an (X/Bronze/Silver/Gold) people could then 'promote' really well done DD, while the songs that have 1 level of it are marked as "not yet excellent."

Relating to your thoughts: point 1;

I get quite wary of the thumbs up/thumbs down, because of trolls and what happened elsewhere.

I almost feel like you would have to have a first question of "Do you like this Artist/Song? (or are you just here to bitch about something you don't like?) because enough people refuse to understand that any Approval process is supposed to be about Quality of work, and not about the song's content/lyrics/genre, etc.

^that being said, I agree there has to be some way to make the process a voluntary, community effort, instead of having like you said "3 people testing 1600 songs"

For me, I'd rather test in genres I understand and enjoy, and might have something meaningful to contribute to. If I had a dozen people "demanding" that I test their mandarin-death-polkas (sorry to any fans out there  :-P) I'd really have nothing meaningful to base my judgements on. 

md_sig-e1431714006358.jpg

I'am generally against approved but when you must keep it in one list.

i remember it was  annoying two list and  discussion about what someone like what someone don't (and approved sometimes shouldn't be one because they doesn't work).... wen you don't like suggest but don't make problem about it. I for example like drop D everywhere (my guitar don't) but when it's doubt it's only creator decision.

So i think we shouldn't make so much mess about it :-P

one year old bass player