Any smooth jazz CDLC out there?

XCFRES

Question

15 answers to this question

Thanks so much, I will work my way through the list.

I know I say it a lot, but great community on this site. All the effort the charters, site admins, modders and users all put in is astonishing. Its appreciated and means a dope like me can finally play an instrument for the first time in my life. Your work is enriching lives! 

• Like 1

There are 3 Pat Metheny cdlc's you may like.

Pat Metheny is definitely awsome, but way way beyond what I can hope to play at this stage, but I will certainly bookmark it.

What I was hoping for was something along the lines of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbOvZccfNBU

Slower and a bit more manageable.

I will put in a formal request for it now, and put the link here when done. 

• Like 1

I like slow and manageable too :)

Anything you can whistle is always fun to play.

I have created a formal request for it, what are my chances of it getting made given...

1) its a niche genre

2) the artist Isn't well known

3) there doesn't seem to be a tab for it online

...?

I think my only hope might be a another smooth jazz fan (rare) with a good musical ear and hand (rare) with the CDLC skills needed (rare) and the time to do it.

Looks like I need to get my prayers in.

• Like 1

I have created a formal request for it, what are my chances of it getting made given...

1) its a niche genre

...?

I think my only hope might be a another smooth jazz fan (rare) with a good musical ear and hand (rare) with the CDLC skills needed (rare) and the time to do it.

Looks like I need to get my prayers it.

I'm going to try to foster a workshop for jazz creations in the BlueNote Jazz Cafe social group.  Right now, I'm working on generating general interest in jazz and luring in unsuspecting jazz fans.

• Like 1

1) its a niche genre

...?

It's in the database now.

• Like 2

1) its a niche genre

...?

Damn! I never thought it would happen. I was checking my thread and request every day. Awesome community here. Thanks for charting this one, I can't wait to learn it.

This months donation is in your honour.

1) its a niche genre

...?

I take it this needs to go into the jazz listings as well?

• Like 1

If Smooth jazz is jazz or not (many people think it isnt) I would still love to see more on here. I have been listening to a lot of 101smoothjazz.com and 101smoothjazz.com/mellow.html. Everything on there sounds kind of manageable and fun and rewarding to play. 

• Like 1

If Smooth jazz is jazz or not (many people think it isnt) I would still love to see more on here. I have been listening to a lot of 101smoothjazz.com and 101smoothjazz.com/mellow.html. Everything on there sounds kind of manageable and fun and rewarding to play. 

The same was said of Bebop back in the day.  Come join us at  BlueNote Jazz Cafe and we'll see if we can't promote it a bit...