Drop B Issues

tacoman828

Question

I just got heavy gauge strings for my bass recently and I've been working out the strings a bit so I could play Drop B CDLC. As soon as I get to the tuner, that's when I have a problem. As soon as the tuner on the B string hits +20, then it goes all the way back to +999 like it wouldn't register any more than that. Can someone tell me what I need to do to fix this? Thanks.

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

@@tacoman828 - The game isn't set up to detect notes below the low C. Others here have developed a workaround that involves setting the tuning up relative to A220, so the game "thinks" it's an octave higher than it is. If you have a CDLC that doesn't have this feature, you can have the RSToolkit fix it by navigating to the Packer/Unpacker tab, selecting "Fix Low Bass Tuning" (probably better to delete the source files too so you don't get duplicates), then selecting the DLC that don't have it.

And let the charter know too by commenting on their custom so every bassist who wants to play it doesn't have to fix the tuning themselves.

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

@@albatross213. This is good info. I have had to delete several songs because of this problem. However, when i go to the toolkit (red guitar)and go to the packer/unpacker tab this option is not there. Am I in the right spot? Basically the same tab used to code the song to Smashing Pumpkins code. Did I misunderstand again?

@@avsrick - I'm not entirely sure why it wouldn't be there. It should be right under the "App ID Updater", which is what you're talking about. Is it possible you have a really old version of the toolkit?

Anyway, another way of fixing it is to do it manually.

• Go to the "Creator"
  • Click "Import Package" (at the bottom) then select the DLC you want to make changes to, and select which folder you want the unpacked files to go into (I usually just delete these once I'm done editing).
  • Under the "Arrangements" section there should be a bass arrangement. Click it, then click the "Edit" button.
  • To the right of the "Tuning:" field where it states the tuning there will be a "..." button. Click it, then add 12 to every number in the tuning field (so for drop B tuning -5, -3, -3, -3 will go to 7, 9, 9, 9), then set the "Tuning Pitch" frequency to 220 Hz.

The net effect of this is that you'll tune to the same pitch as the original tuning, but the game will think you're playing an octave higher and will actually detect the B.

You can also change the scroll speed and stuff while you're there. I like a faster scroll speed than the toolkit default of 2.0, which many people never change when making customs, so I change it on a lot of songs I download.

• Like 1

I dont know. I have had it about a year. Version v2.6.0.0... it is not there. I see the "APP ID UPDATER" all I have under that is the drop down to select the RS version I have and the 248750 code for smashing pumpkins. I will try to do one manually but i am a computer idiot and that looks fairly complex  :huh:

@@avsrick - Yeah, if it's 2.6.0.0 it's pretty old and probably doesn't have the bass fix (and I guess for a while there might have been bugs in the bassfix). One of the last two versions from here should have everything ready to go. Haven't played with the toolkit much the past couple of days so I can't guarantee they work, but recent versions have worked pretty well.

• Like 1

@@albatross213, I think i have figured it out manually but have one last question. I fixed the numbers like you said. The song i fixed was just in a folder i keep on my desktop where I dump songs I might want to play but dont want them on the game at this time. After that fix do i just put it in the game as i would normally? I saved it to my desktop, do i use that version or the one in the original folder?

I just saw your reply on my version. I will try to get a newer one, i really appreciate your time and knowledge. I enjoy your CDLC's too!

• Like 1

Yeah, just put the newly generated one in your DLC folder (and make sure the the original is out of your DLC folder, as they might have a DLC name or arrangement ID conflict) and you should be good to go.

And thanks! Glad to know you enjoy them!

• Like 1