Help with CDLC, .PSARC question.

zaya

Question

Hey,

I would like to thank you all first off. This whole RS modding is awesome. I am having trouble with getting my downloaded CDLC to work (RS2012). Are the songs here only compatible with RS2014? If not, why are all the songs in .PSARC format instead of .DAT? I own both Rocksmith games on 360 and have been wanting to try this custom content. Any help would be great, thanks.

5 answers to this question

You can use the toolkit to convert the psarcs to Xbox -- that's the easy part. I don't know how to get Xbox to recognize customs, but apparently it's possible.

You can convert a psarc to a dat -- you'll need to unpack the psarc (using the toolkit), import the audio and xml files into EOF -- in the preferences you'd select the export to RS1 option. (I'm guessing some of the bells and whistles of RS2014 will be lost in the process), then repackage the files using the toolkit as a DAT.

It shouldn't be too complicated to achieve.

A lot of customs started out as .dats and they can still be found if you look around for them (not here). But a lot of the charters have been updating and fixing their customs for RS2014. So it might be worth getting RS2014 for your PC too.

• Like 1

Pardon my ignorance, I failed to mention that I also own RS 2012 for PC and that is where I am trying to use the CDLC. I don't own a nodded XBOX360 so is it best to buy 2014 for PC?

No, I understand that. I don't know how difficult it is to mod the Xbox, but I'd say yes, the easiest would be to buy Rocksmith 2014. All that takes is a few clicks and a long download through Steam.

I don't own a nodded XBOX360 so is it best to buy 2014 for PC?

I not sure what it cost to mod a Xbox360. Beings you aready have RS & RS2014 for your Xbox, that means you aready have the realtone cable. Buying RS2014 without the cable isn't to expensive especially if you just purchase a RS2014 Steam CD-KEY. That's how I bought my copy of RS2014. You can usually buy a CD-KEY for around $25.00/ $30.00 US. Just Google Rocksmith 2014 Steam Keys.

Most people here have RS2014 on pc, The choice of custom song available here are greater for pc. Any troubleshooting questions you might have will be easier to answer for the pc version of RS2014.