Sustain kind of question in Guitar Pro

ShrillBear52

Question

How can i make sustains like this in guitar pro ? Some of the chords don't have sustain  as it should be.

http://oi64.tinypic.com/29e0iu9.jpg

My Customs

The reasons why most of my customs are not updated yet:

1.)I'm lazy to do it because I have no motivation for it

2.)I'm not at my computer

3.)I'm working on a song that I haven't made it yet

4.)I don't have any song to work on it

G7SOxFY.jpg

10 answers to this question

I don't know what you're asking. All those notes in the Guitar Pro tab have a sustain, but there are "GP import truncates short notes" and "GP import truncates short chords" preferences that are enabled by default that will remove the sustain from notes/chords that are shorter than a quarter note. If you want EOF to import them with the sustain, you can go into File>Preferences and disable those two preferences. Otherwise you can change the sustain of selected notes in EOF by using the mouse scroll wheel or the [ and ] keys.

I don't know what you're asking. All those notes in the Guitar Pro tab have a sustain, but there are "GP import truncates short notes" and "GP import truncates short chords" preferences that are enabled by default that will remove the sustain from notes/chords that are shorter than a quarter note. If you want EOF to import them with the sustain, you can go into File>Preferences and disable those two preferences. Otherwise you can change the sustain of selected notes in EOF by using the mouse scroll wheel or the [ and ] keys.

No, i want to add sustain to the notes/chords wich don't have(in guitar pro). http://oi64.tinypic.com/do8gsn.jpg

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

Use you mouse wheel or the brackets key ("[" and "]") to adjust sustain

sorry,i'm such a tard,but what does ("[" and "]")   is mean? :D

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

Those are keys that are available on various keyboard layouts. I don't know if this image is accurate to reflect the keyboard you are using, but in this case, those are the blue symbols on the f and g keys:

hungary-keyboard-layout.jpg

I see, but i think I managed in Gp(BTW:i thought firekorn's hotkey was suposed to do it in Guitar Pro  :) )or not

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

• Administrator

GP doesn't have exactly a sustain function, it's the length of the note that indicate how long you should play it (8th note, quarter note, full note, etc...).

You can change the value ussing the "+" and "-" key but that would usually fucked up the total timing inside a bar, so unless you have a little bit of music theory in your background, i would suggest to not play around with it.

All that being said, the first screenshot you gave us is already correctly made with all the sustain, that's why we suggested you adjust the sustain in EOF accordingly to your expectation in EOF (as GP is already apparently well made and correct) and your second screenshot comfort us in our idea that you want to adjust the sustain in EOF and not in the GP file.

One side note here : when you are posting screenshot of GP + EOF, try at least to indicate the same bar/information or it's basically useless to have both as you are showing two information that don't relate to each other.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Hi, 

i know this is an old topic, but I have a related issue and am wondering if there was anything I forgot...

On EOF, my sustains are imported from GP as expected:

CGx28Y2.jpg

But they won't appear in Rocksmith, even for a full note:

R8qbopf.jpg

Out of curiosity:

GP doesn't have exactly a sustain function

Isn't "let ring" more or less the same as a sustain?

Any suggestion?

• Administrator

@@Toopee RS is behaving exactly as it should, by default chord won't have sustain to limit the cluttering of the screen but the sustain in EOF will define the length of the handshape (aka the blue highlight at the bottom of the highway in RS).

If you want sustain to appear on chord, you have the force sustain status that is exactly for this kind of situation, but i suggest to be very careful in using it cause there's not that many situation that actually need it.

GP sustain is define by the note duration, a eight note doesn't have the same duration (aka sustain) than a sixteenth note while the let ring itself is to indicate that a note should be sustained longer than what is indicated by the note length mostly to avoid cluttering the music sheet with tied note all over the place.

There's a few other element of music notation that allow to alter sustain of a note like the stacatto or the hold for example which indicate the length indicated doesn't correspond to how long the note should actually be played.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity