The Guitar Effects Pedals Thread

snowdog

Just thought it would be handy to have a thread dedicated to effects pedals!

I've only got one at the moment, it's a multi-effects pedal, the Digitech RP255:

http://adn.harmanpro.com/product_attachments/product_attachments/13_1297201283/RP255_Top_medium.jpg

It's got an expression pedal, emulation for 24 amps, 15 cabs and 54 effects with 60 presets and 60 user-defined presets. A really nice piece of kit and didn't cost me that much, around £130 if I remember correctly. Have just seen one on GAK for 97 quid if you want to get hold of one cheaper. The amount of sounds and the wide variety of sounds you can get out of it is ridiculous!

Have been thinking about getting an Electro-Harmonix Ravish Sitar: pedal, there around 160 quid but haven't got the cash handy to get it yet.

http://www.ehx.com/assets/jpg240h/ravish.jpg

And of course we all need one of these:

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/s480x480/625577_10151334869659290_1299308150_n.jpg

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Here is my board with bad cam quality :(

In front of the amp it starts with an Ibanez Wh7 Wah  (in thebackground) - ISP Decimator Noisegate - HB Dyna Compressor - Ibanez TS7 Tubescreamer - Hotone Fury Fuzz.

The amp loop is set like this: EHX Holy Grail Reverb, TRex Tonebug Phaser, Cool Cat Vibe Tremolo, Boss DD7 Delay, TC Electonix Ditto Loopler and finally an HB Equalizer.

Most pedals are powerede by the DCT 200 power supply  by Fame except the delay and reverb.

http://i58.tinypic.com/n4fx1g.jpg

• Like 1

That Boss ME-50 looks a bit tasty!  :cool:

I was thinking about getting a synth pedal of some sort but, again, haven't really got the cash for it. The Electro Harmonix HOG2 in particular looks like it's just what I want but it's over 300 quid so it's way too rich for my blood lol  :mrgreen:

That Boss ME-50 looks a bit tasty!  :cool:

I was thinking about getting a synth pedal of some sort but, again, haven't really got the cash for it. The Electro Harmonix HOG2 in particular looks like it's just what I want but it's over 300 quid so it's way too rich for my blood lol  :mrgreen:

I can definitely say avoid the Mooer version - it is isn't very good at all. Had one and sold it on eBay.  I can however recommend the Mooer ElecLady (based on EHX's Electricx Mistress Flanger)  and their Green Mile (Tubescreamer clone)...

Fender Classic Player Baja Telecaster; Epiphone Nighthawk Custom; Westone Concord 1: Italia Mondial Classic;

Epiphone J Mascis Jazzmaster; Chapman ML2 Classic Gold-top

Am going to stick with Digitech and Electro Harmonix pedals I reckon cos I know they're the dog's bollocks. Might have to save up for a HOG2 I reckon, they sound bloomin amazing.

Here's a demo of the HOG2:

And the Ravish Sitar:

The Hog an Ravish are nice pedals without a doubt. I was flirting with the Ravish myself and tried it out a couple of times.

In the end I think I would not use it that much (other than experimenting etc.) and with the price in mind I moved on...

I am currently looking for a nice Chorus pedal. Nothing to fancy or expensive. I owned the EHX Small Clone once but did not like it too much...You guys have any suggestions?

• 6 months later...

As a complete noob to guitar effects pedals I was wondering a couple of things as I watch an endless flurry of YouTube videos on effects pedals and pedal boards.

1) Would you guys consider Rocksmith 2014 like a store with lots of inventory for testing out many different effects pedals in the game to help guide you to make real world purchases? Have any of you made purchases inspired by RS2014 Tone Creator? Were you satisfied?

2) Do you feel like the tones produced in-game by the virtual hardware are representative of their real-world counterparts?

Just curious what you guys think. Thanks.

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.