Loading save

ikwtif

How do you properly load a save in EoF?  When I load my notes.eof file the leading silence I added to the audio dissapeared. Do you have to add in the silence everytime you load the file? And do you have to make the preview audio again first?

--- 

Is it possible to load the notes over a different audio track?  Whenever I try loading the *.XML file the notes never show up

You'd need to save the project after you add leading silence, otherwise the audio has been permanently altered, but the project file won't reflect them. The preview audio gets deleted when you change the leading silence, and will get recreated during the next save operation.

You can load another audio file into the project by using "File>Load OGG". If you import a Rocksmith arrangement (XML file) into the project, the difficulty system changes to numbered and it's quite likely that the notes are going to be found in the lowest difficulty number (the difficulty tab with the asterisk *).

Well the thing is, I saved it after the leading silence. I guess I can just remake that, but didn't want to mess up my save so wanted to ask first. I just have to load the notes.eof file right? Because everytime I do the silence is gone in the audio but the notes are still in the right place

Is that the only way to get an audio file in the project? Basically I just transposed the song one semi-tone up so I could quickly check it in rocksmith without having to detune to Eb. So I just made a new project and loaded in the XML file. I saw the difficulty system change and clicked on some of the tabs, maybe I just missed that one. Does that change anything for in Rocksmith itself? Like, do I need to put the notes in the right tab? And how would I be able to do that? I already looked for tutorials for EoF but most are just show very basic things.

Edit

Also, is there a way to either avoid having to put fingering on (half-)chords, or put the thumb as a fingering for a note on the low E string? 

And how do you properly make a slide note? Because the slider option is always greyed out in the notes tab for me. And I haven't even figured out vibrato yet. Trough the guitarpro file it added vibrato (letter V) under notes automatically but I have no idea to do it myself

Or maybe just a good tutorial you can recommend? Since I haven't found any in depth ones yet

If you can find a way to reproduce an issue where leading silence isn't saved into the audio, let me know.

"Load OGG" is the only way to change chart audio for the existing project. It doesn't matter which tab is the first one with notes, all empty difficulty tabs are ignored and all the ones with notes export at difficulty levels that begin with the number 0 and get higher from there. There are many Rocksmith-centric EOF tutorials on this forum. The ones that are in EOF's help menu deal with general usage of the program, although the pro guitar one describes authoring pro guitar for Rock Band 3 and lots of those concepts carry over to Rocksmith authoring.

EOF doesn't use different chord fingering lookup logic based on where the shape is, you'd need to set that yourself. You can select multiple like notes and set their fingering all at once if you want.

"Slider notes" are a mechanism for Phase Shift, a different rhythm game. You'll want to look in the "Note>Pro guitar>Slide" menu for relevant slide technique options. "Note>Pro guitar" will have many other techniques you can use.

@raynebc Could his problem with the "disappearing" leading silence be caused by streaming the leading silence and not choosing the "re-encode" box?

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

It's possible, although I fully expect that would be evident within EOF if you try to play back the chart. This is because it reloads the altered audio. If picking the "re-encode" option resolves the problem, it would definitely be an issue with OggCat not doing the trick. EOF tries to check if the leading silence function resulted in malfunction by seeing if the new audio file is shorter than the original one, but it doesn't check if the new and the old are the same length. I don't recall running into this type of malfunction, it usually ends up being a nearly empty audio file or something.

• Like 1

Thanks for the help guys. The leading silence problem is somehow solved now. So I must have done something wrong somewhere, it was not the re-encoding since I'm fairly sure I did that because I was following the tutorial.

Took me also a while to figure out I can actually use the pro guitar section for rocksmith too. I assumed that wouldn't work so I was confused with the low options at first since I was only looking at the rocksmith section

There are many Rocksmith-centric EOF tutorials on this forum. The ones that are in EOF's help menu deal with general usage of the program, although the pro guitar one describes authoring pro guitar for Rock Band 3 and lots of those concepts carry over to Rocksmith authoring.

EOF doesn't use different chord fingering lookup logic based on where the shape is, you'd need to set that yourself. You can select multiple like notes and set their fingering all at once if you want.

I found the general topic with how to create cdlc that explains the basics of EoF, but besides that I haven't found any descent more in-depth youtube tutorial or even written tutorial. Most are very basic and don't explain anything like how to link notes/slides etc. Only found snippets of it on this forum and the official EoF one, so it took me a while to put everything together. I think I have a better grasp of the possibilities now tough. (Like for example the linknext option is always greyed out but apperantly you can just use the shortcut for that, wich was confusing to say the least)

Maybe you misunderstood the question, or I'm misunderstanding the answer. I know how to edit the fingerings for notes/chords. But what I mean is if it's possible to put the thumb as a fingering on the low E string? I assume it would be noted as "0"? I already did that but I don't know if the program will accept it, since I have still numerous other fingerings open and the program tells me that when trying to save but I'll do all of that when I have everything properly synced first. So I haven't been able to figure out if the "0" is accepted as a fingering or not.

----

Also have still one more question (sorry for being so random  :D )

Is it possible to extend the sustain of a note further than the next note? Because when you scoll the mouse the sustain stops at the next note. I found out you can use linknext option and then turn it off to get the sustain longer but I doubt that's the proper way to do that

Is it possible to extend the sustain of a note further than the next note? Because when you scoll the mouse the sustain stops at the next note. I found out you can use linknext option and then turn it off to get the sustain longer but I doubt that's the proper way to do that

Yeah, the usual way to do something like that is by adding "CraZy" status in the "Note" drop down menu (or by the keyboard shortcut "T"). Something like you suggested by adding a note you want it to sustain to and then turning like next on and off then removing the placeholder note isn't a bad way to do it, either.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Rocksmith authoring is a somewhat broad topic so you'll find many tutorials for specific things.

(Like for example the linknext option is always greyed out but apperantly you can just use the shortcut for that, wich was confusing to say the least)

I've fixed this bug. You can also set this status by pressing the N key when having one or more notes selected. Most specialized techniques and statuses can be set in this dialog menu.

But what I mean is if it's possible to put the thumb as a fingering on the low E string?

You can use either 0 or T for the thumb. When in doubt, you can review EOF's manual to access a detailed description of every single menu function (Help>Manual, click Menu functions).