Recent subs to posts and mass emails, and what email providers often do when this happens

Shawn Jones

Question

Just a heads up. Ive magically began receiving emails for being subbed to posts and ive never subbed to anything here. What eventually happens is a lot of people will mark emails from this site as spam. Then gmail, yahoo, hotmail etc will see that lots of people are marking this site spam and they will block your domain from their servers. Maybe we can get this fixed before this happens. Thanks.

4 answers to this question

We will look into this.

In the mean, it is possible to change your email notification settings for follows in your user settings.

Then you will not receive any email notifications about follows at all.

Can you tell me if you visited any or all of the threads you were notified about following?

Or any other relevant details.

Feel free to message me about this as well.

We will look into this.

In the mean, it is possible to change your email notification settings for follows in your user settings.

Then you will not receive any email notifications about follows at all.

Can you tell me if you visited any or all of the threads you were notified about following?

Or any other relevant details.

Feel free to message me about this as well.

I downloaded the songs for sure. Didnt visit the pages, only used the new ignition search for a couple items and used the plus button to add some of the songs I downloaded.

Our Ignition developer, @hdnsmbt, says that you are likely using the plus button to download cdlc which adds a follow for that record. This is what makes you receive notifications on updates for the cdlc you download. You can opt out of those in your notification settings or use the "Download without adding to collection" option in the ignition context menu.

• Administrator

Additionally we use Mandrill which will eventually block your email address and alert you if it does get marked as spam.

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)