I made this video because I'm horrible at one of my CDLC songs that seems like it should be pretty easy (Prince - "Kiss") and I could never figure out why.
It turns out that I introduced latency into my setup by fiddling with out audio control panel options while playing a CD, and I simply didn't realize it was the reason I felt like my playing was crap. The song's precise timing on certain parts is more demanding than most song, so it sounds like crap if there's any lag.....I just didn't realize that's what the problem was, until I was noodling around and started to play an old finger exercise that I idly do when I'm holding a guitar sometimes.
All of a sudden, I realized something was very wrong with my audio.
The video doesn't fully capture the horrible (but subtle!) lag like I wish it did (it sounded like a harmonizer) but I think I got close with my recreated settings. I realize now I didn't change the Rocksmith Audio Engine Settings from the current (good) setting of 2 back to 4, so that probably explains it.
I hope this helps!