Macbook Pro Sound Problems

wally3011

Question

Hi All, 

I am using a mid 212 Macbook Pro ( i7, 8gb ram, Intel 4000 hd) and i am experiencing cracking on my guitar input sound . I have read numerous forums instructing to set the Midi to 48000Khz on the speaker and Cable and played with the audio latency but i still get crackling. Sometimes and i can start the game and the sound is ok but fter about 5 mins the crackling starts .

Is there anything else that i can change, i have seen windows soluntions to amend the Rocksmith INI file, is there a mac equivalent.

I will be trying a different cable later today but i dont think thats the issue.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Mark

4 answers to this question

There are a few things you can take a look at to try and narrow down the cause of the problem:

1.  Check the input level in OS X for your real tone cable

-  Open System Preferences

-  Click "Sound", then "Input"

-  35 - 50% is normal

2.  Check the Real Tone Cable Gain inside RS2014

-  Start RS, hit the space bar for "Tools", then select "Options", and then "Audio Settings"

-  The default setting for RS2014 is 3.1db

3.  Calibrate your guitar inside RS2014

-  Open the tuner, and hit "Enter" for calibration

Are there any background tasks active while you're running Rocksmith?

I've sometimes a crackling sound (but not after a few minutes - it's already when Rocksmith starts up) if I've not closed kodi or another program with audio output.

It's just a guess and I would try to disable everything (for example no backup task, virus scanner if using one, ...) for a test.