Out of the Park Baseball 16 online league, anyone?

GetTheLedOut

Since OOTP 16 has now been officially released, I thought it'd be interesting to ask: Would anyone would be interested in joining/starting an online league for CF members?

If you've never experienced this fantastic text-based baseball sim, then definitely check it out here. I'd say that if you're the type of baseball fan that loves looking at stats/numbers (the way I do), then you owe it to yourself to check it out.

I've been a part of an OOTP online league before, and I've found it to be great fun. If we were to get enough people together to make it happen, I'd ideally like someone else to be the commissioner (if they're willing and know how to run/set everything up). I've personally never been a commissioner of an online league before, but if no one else would want to step up to the plate (pun intended), then I suppose I could be persuaded... :)

In order to at least get a rough head count of the number of interested parties and/or reserve your spot, it'd quite helpful if you could state whether or not you'd definitely want to be a part of the league and perhaps which team you'd like to manage (if you have a preference). I'd like to lay claim to the Dodgers, as I'm an LA resident and long-time fan (good riddance Frank McCourt :) ).

As for the requirements and level of commitment required, here's a few points:

1. Reliable internet connection for downloading and uploading league files (to submit your changes prior to simming, as well as pull down the new league file after the commissioner runs a sim.

2. Will need to devote about 15-30 minutes, three-ish times a week (simulations are often run 2-3 times per week, with each sim moving the "in-game" time by about a week. You'll want to at least check the new league file each time to account for injuries or necessary lineup/roster moves.

3. General computer knowledge would be needed to set up the league (initially) on your machine and fix any issues that you may come across. This would include copy/pasting to and from the game directory. Set up instructions will be provided, and it's not really all that difficult. If you can get RS to run custom songs, then you'll be fine :)

​So, who's in!?

• Like 1

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs