Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

• Administrator

Here's the additionnal log file with the b2 :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DUflC-PjjgZp7YLAv6tXz5jI2ROQtAYv/view?usp=sharing

As for the halfway hotfixes, i tried to provoke the crash with the exact same method (new config, open a project, open/close preferences) and i wasn't able to get any crash after going through 5 different chart so it doesn't seems to happen in that particular version.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Here's the only other hotfix that was released between the builds you've tested:

http://ignition.customsforge.com/eof/download/209

No logging needed for this one, but let me know if it crashes this way.

The log file you uploaded seems like it is incomplete (the beginning is missing). At the end, it shows you loaded a file, but it didn't shows you had opened the preferences dialog. Did you have to do anything other than load that project before the crash occurred? Does the crash only occur when the Notes panel is active?

• Administrator

@@raynebc Not sure why but the log is always cut off, maybe it's getting too long?

Anyway i was going a little bit differently about it since you mentioned the notes panel (still on version 3 for the log) and i directly loaded a chart, then go into the preferences.

Then i adjusted the display settings.

Open and closed the preferences and still no issue.

Activated the notes panel and as soon as i tried to close the preferences, EOF crashed.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• Administrator

Still happening with that version (and only happened as soon as i activated the notes panel as kinda expected now i guess).

here is the associated log just in case:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Cefv2ZkGWVGZals4o0dILwrz4vCGuQIt/view?usp=sharing

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• Administrator

i've had it happen with the "Notes" panel once but it seems to be a lot more consistent with the notes count panel.

Here is the log :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YqmTk1zexR8u2g_f8UPsGRsEffPe7iAt/view?usp=sharing

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Porting to Allegro 5 (better support for modern hardware/OS) will be a lot of work. The original EOF developer was planning on this quite a while ago, but he seems to be pretty busy in real life and I haven't seen much from him lately.

@@firekorn Having you test with the logging has paid off and I think I fixed the bug. Here's another beta if you have time to test it:

http://ignition.customsforge.com/eof/download/227

• Administrator

@@raynebc There's someone that have been interested in EOF code over the discord which should be @@bwaredapenguin on the forum, not sure if he actually contacted you about anything yet but might be interesting for you to talk :)

As for the latest beta, it does seems like it work so far, i was able to enter and save my preferences without any bug for the few times i've tried and it also seems to have been the same issue that cause the tech view issue. Great job :)

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

I got a DM from somebody on the Discord and gave the green light with the disclaimer that if I have reason to dislike a pull request I might refuse to add it to the official code base.

Thanks for helping me iron out that last Notes panel bug. The strange thing about it is that since it involved freeing memory, re-allocating the same amount of memory soon after and then using the freed memory instead of the newly-allocated memory, the crash would only happen depending on whether the Operating System randomized memory allocations. My Windows 7 installation doesn't seem to, but I imagine newer versions of Windows do.

• Administrator

@@raynebc Also, i'm not sure if you saw my message regarding the split status and duplicate note that iminashi mentionned. It's not like it causes any issue in game but it probably change the scores a little so might be worth adjusting at one point.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @@raynebc,

I have a request about the automatic handshape management when "linkNext" status is used between two chords.

Let's take the following example (XML extract) :

<notes>
  <note time="134.893" string="1" fret="8" sustain="0.208" slideUnpitchTo="7" />
  <note time="134.893" string="2" fret="10" sustain="0.208" slideUnpitchTo="9" />
  <note time="134.893" string="3" fret="10" sustain="0.208" slideUnpitchTo="9" />
</notes>
<chords>
  <chord time="134.259" chordId="6" linkNext="1" >
    <chordNote time="134.259" string="1" fret="8" sustain="0.634" linkNext="1" leftHand="1" />
    <chordNote time="134.259" string="2" fret="10" sustain="0.634" linkNext="1" leftHand="3" />
    <chordNote time="134.259" string="3" fret="10" sustain="0.634" linkNext="1" leftHand="4" />
  </chord>
</chords>
<handShapes>
  <handShape chordId="6" startTime="134.259" endTime="134.893"/>
</handShapes>

When two chords are linked together, the second one is converted as single notes at the same time position, but the handShape ends at the beginning of these single notes.

If I remove the "linkNext" status, the handShape will include the second chord.

So is it possible to include these single notes in the same handShape as the previous chord ?

In DDC I use the following logic to decide if a single note belongs to an handShape : startTime <= note time < endTime

It was mandatory for me to do that because it is possible to have the endTime of an handShape equals to the startTime of the following one.

PS : I think that EOF generates duplicates in single notes (import an XML file that already contains this logic and save it)

Thanks

@@Chlipouni I'll look into it in the near future.

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (5-22-2018) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Remapped the G shortcut key to "Edit>Grid snap>Custom". The "Edit>Grid snap>Off" function has the old toggle grid snap on/off logic and when toggled back on it will restore whatever grid snap was in use earlier in the EOF session when grid snap was last disabled.

*Improved the custom grid snap dialog by allowing the B or M keys to change the radio button to Beat or Measure without having to use the mouse or the tab key.

*Improved the rewind function (invoked by pressing R) to not seek to an invalid position if used before any chart playback has been performed in an EOF session, as well as ignoring the R shortcut if the Windows key is being held (ie. opening the Run box while EOF is in the foreground).

*Improved the "Create Image Sequence" to offer to export images for the specified portion of the chart if the start and end points are defined from the functions in the Edit menu. You can combine this with the "File>Export audio range" function to export the matching portion of the chart audio.

*Fixed a bug where pressing and releasing the ALT key would cause keyboard input to be dropped until certain things occurred such as pressing Esc or moving the mouse.

*Added a Genre field to the Song Properties dialog. The genre is automatically obtained during chart creation if it is defined within the selected MP3 or OGG audio file. If your project defined the genre in "Song>INI settings", make sure to remove it when defining it in Song Properties or it could get written to song.ini more than once during save.

*Assigned the ALT+C and ALT+D shortcuts to "Conditional select" and "Conditional Deselect".

*Added a "File>Display>3D preview>Set camera angle" function to allow you to change the 3D camera angle without the use of the backslash key.

*Fixed a bug with two macros used in the Note Counts panel that could cause a crash if the panel is being displayed when tech view is enabled.

*Fixed a bug where having the Notes panel displayed while opening and closing the preferences dialog could cause EOF to crash.

*Added selection functions that apply to open notes and non open notes.

*Changed the start/end point marking to not draw on top of (and conceal) slider section markers.

*Fixed a Feedback import bug where the "N 5 #" toggle HOPO marker handling may not be handled correctly for an instrument track with multiple difficulties.

*Fixed a bug with RS2 export where if a chord was broken up into single notes because an applicable previous note had linknext status, and the chord in question also had split status, the chord would export with duplicate single notes.

*Added a "Don't warn about INI differences" import preference that will not warn about differences between the song.ini file and the project's song properties/INI settings when the project is loaded and will import the INI file's changes without asking.

*Added the CTRL+Numpad- and CTRL+Numpad+ keyboard shortcuts to lower and raise the 3D preview speed (defined in "Edit>Preview Speed"), giving the ability to zoom in/out the 3D preview similarly to the piano roll.

*Corrected the 3D rendering of slider notes in GHL tracks.

*Moved the note seek functions into a "Song>Seek>Note>" submenu.

*Added a Song>Seek>Timestamp function that will seek to the specified time. Accepted time formatting includes: # for milliseconds, #.# for seconds, #:#.s for minutes and seconds, #ms for milliseconds, #s for seconds, #m for minutes or valid combinations of any of those such as #:, #:#s#ms, #m#ms, #m#.#, #.#s, #ms#:#, etc. Any fractional second that has more than 3 digits after the period (ie. #.####) are not valid and are ignored. Any timestamp where the same time format is used multiple times (ie. 1:2s3s or 1s1:5) are not valid and are ignored.

*Fixed a Feedback import bug where if the "Disable automatic backups" preference was enabled, the save function would not work until "Save as" was used at least once.

*Improved error handling so that if unsaved changes fail to quick save during exit, EOF will offer to cancel exiting the program.

*Improved Rocksmith lyric import to ignore comment lines within the tag, which may be written by the Rocksmith toolkit.

*Added keyboard shortcuts to change the 3D preview's maximum depth (ALT+numpad minus, ALT+numpad plus), controlling how much of the chart is drawn in the 3D preview panel. The %3D_MAX_DEPTH% expansion macro was added to print the current value of this setting.

*Added a "File>Display>3D preview>Full height" function that allows the 3D preview panel to take up the entire height of the EOF window. If the secondary piano roll and full height 3D preview are both active at the same time, the 3D preview is not hidden.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...