Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Photo

Latest EOF releases (2-20-2019)

* * * * * 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
2531 replies to this topic

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,833 posts
  • 756 thanks
Unfortunately, those problems never occur on my Macbook. I'm also not a Mac expert so I don't know how to troubleshoot that problem. Are any other Mac EOF users able to explain why this could happen?

I think I remember somebody mention that Mac OS may interfere with EOF if EOF is within the Downloads folder. If it isn't already, it's probably worth moving EOF to a folder on your Desktop or something like that.

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,833 posts
  • 756 thanks
Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (1-31-2019) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:
*Re-assigned the A accelerator key from Note>Transpose to Note>Clear, since the functions in the former menu already have keyboard shortcuts.
*Fixed a bug with the "Validate tempo map" function that wouldn't correctly take non #/4 time signatures into effect.
*Added "End proximity" selection functions to select/deselect notes that end within a specified distance (or one grid snap length) of the note they precede. This will help in case you want to manually apply a specific note gap, by selecting notes that don't have at least a gap of the current grid snap length and then using [ or the scroll wheel once to shorten the selected notes.
*Renamed the "Neighbor proximity" selection functions to "Start proximity" to better identify their purpose compared to the "End proximity" selection functions.
*Added the ability to replace some of EOF's built-in graphics, fonts and sounds by saving PCX and WAV files with appropriate file names into the "resources" subfolder. A readme file is provided in that folder defining the names of some usable file names and the gem, font or sound effect the file pertains to. Allegro's "grabber" command line utility can be used on eof.dat to export any of EOF's built-in images or audio for reference/alteration.
*Fixed a bug with MIDI import where the note length wasn't correctly read for GHL open notes.
*Updated Feedback import to support Moonscraper's notation for non #/4 time signatures.
*Improved Feedback import to allow the selected audio file to be named song.ogg, drums.ogg, rhythm.ogg or vocals.ogg instead of creating a copy named guitar.ogg.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Offline   FearTheTitan

FearTheTitan

Master Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • 26 thanks
  • XBOX:The Titans Fall

Steam Profile

Have a new PC so had to re-download a fresh copy of EoF with the hotfix.

Few things I've noticed that don't work (for me at least)

• Neither Waveform nor Spectograph will show with F5 or manually toggling it in the menu
  • Adding silence no longer works, initially does the re-encode CMD window then asks what bitrate I want again and asks for the media file again. Sometimes does nothing either and gives me an Error 42 window

Can't do much past this since I consider these pretty important for my CDLCs

EDIT: Tried a fresh copy without the hotfixes and works fine

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,833 posts
  • 756 thanks
The latest hotfix is pretty buggy with waveform, spectrogram, load ogg and leading silence. Here's a Windows beta build that should generally fix those issues:
http://ignition.cust...of/download/304

I want to allow testers a day or two longer to test this beta out to make sure the problems are gone, and I can also add some more features until then.

Offline   ghr1227

ghr1227

Expert Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • 2 thanks

Donator

I think I found a minor menu bug.   When you tick the Auto Adjust FHP and Auto Adjust Tech Notes it is closing the Preferences

dialog and acting like I hit OK.  It also automatically ticks 3D Render RS Style and oddly enough Lefty Mode (which is fine for me since I'm lefty).

I'm sure ticking one and having the others tick automatically might be right but having the box go away is probably the bug.

Not sure why it is setting Lefty Mode though :unsure:

This is minor but slightly annoying too.

Here's a video showing this in action:  http://pc.cd/mXJ

Money Talks!? All it ever says to me is "Goodbye!".

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,833 posts
  • 756 thanks
It looks like this only happens after using the Default button in the same dialog instance, but I'll be able to fix it.

Offline   Jan Universe

Jan Universe

Medium Guitarist

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • 1 thanks
Just a noob here.
Waveform, and adding silence seems to work with the beta.
Thanks.

sigpic31248_17.gif

YouTube

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,833 posts
  • 756 thanks
Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (2-20-2019) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:
*Fixes bugs with audio handling introduced by the previous hotfix.
*Improved Feedback import to allow the selected audio file to be named bass.ogg, keys.ogg or crowd.ogg instead of creating a copy named guitar.ogg.
*Added an "Enable open strum by default" preference that will take effect for new projects.
*Improved the new chart wizard so that if Rocksmith export is enabled, and neither FoF nor Rock Band exports are enabled, pro guitar tracks have their difficulty limits removed by default to suit Rocksmith authoring.
*Fixed a bug where clicking the "Auto-Adjust sections/FHPs", "Auto-Adjust tech notes" or "EOF leaving focus stops playback" checkbox immediately after clicking the Default button in the Preferences dialog causes the dialog to be closed.
*Improved the "Validate tempo map" function to correct the first beat's position if it doesn't match the delay value defined in Song>Properties.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Offline   ringodu74

ringodu74

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks

Hey!

I am trying to design a custom GH like game based on the Montreux Jazz archives. I work in Unity3D and use the Chartloader asset:

This asset, to my understanding, only loads .chart files.

I understood that EOF was much better than feedback, that produces the .chart files, but I cannot read anywhere how to generate the .chart files with EOF. Did I miss something?

Otherwise, is there any trick to load the exports of EOF into Feedback and get the .chart files out of it?

Thanks in advance

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,833 posts
  • 756 thanks
EOF doesn't write .chart files. You could try one of the converters that can translate between a chart and MIDI file. You could also try Moonscraper, which is a chart editor for the game Clone Hero that can import a MIDI and save in its native .chart format.

Offline   Mercenary

Mercenary

Master Guitarist

• Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • 47 thanks

Steam Profile

@raynebc A bug in the latest version (2-20-2019) I would say....when in EOF going over "Track" -> "Rocksmith" the selection options open on the left so if I go to "Fret Hand Positions" (for example) and want to move with my mouse to "Set" it closes before I can reach it.

Same problem with "Song" -> "Seek" -> "Note".

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,833 posts
  • 756 thanks
It's more of an Allegro bug than anything else, as it doesn't handle drawing multiple submenus on top of each other well. There are some workarounds:
1. Use keyboard accelerators: When a menu item has an underline, you can activate it by pressing that key on the keyboard, ie. use ALT+T to open the track menu, then press R to select the Rocksmith submenu, then press H to select the "Fret hand positions" submenu and then press S to select the Set function.
2. Use keyboard shortcuts: Some menu functions have a function key or key sequence listed to the right edge of the menu to indicate a way you can use the function without even having to open the menu. The shortcut for the set fret hand position function is SHIFT+F.
3. Increase the width of the program window. You can make EOF's window larger by using File>Display>Display and picking a pre-set window size or setting a custom size. You can also simply enable the Notes panel (File>Display>Notes panel>Enable or simply CTRL+P) to make the window 50% wider than any of the pre-set sizes.