Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Announcements

We are almost half of our donation goal! We need your support to keep everything running. Any amount helps.

If you'd like to help support us, donate by clicking here.

Join us on: Discord | Facebook | Twitter | Patreon | Merch | Report Bad Ads | Volunteer | Newsletter Issue 5 (March)

Photo

Latest EOF releases (2-20-2019)

* * * * * 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
2538 replies to this topic

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,838 posts
  • 756 thanks
Not that I'm aware of. I used the same build process as with the previous build. Is it not working for you?

Offline   I)ark_Seph

I)ark_Seph

Ex-Staff Member

• Ex-Staff Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • 25 thanks
  • I)ark_Seph#3752

@raynebc Nope

Check out my Released, WIP, and
Future CDLCs here(Ubisoft Style):
I)ark_Seph's Customs

I have ported RSToolkit and CFSM to Mac, check them out below:

Download latest RSToolkitMac: Download latest CFSM(Mac Beta):

Latest RSToolkitMac release CFSM (Mac Beta)

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,838 posts
  • 756 thanks
I booted up my Macbook to High Sierra, extracted the 12-5-2018 build to it and it launched and seems to work normally. Can you further describe the behavior you're seeing on your Mac?

Offline   I)ark_Seph

I)ark_Seph

Ex-Staff Member

• Ex-Staff Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • 25 thanks
  • I)ark_Seph#3752

Nevermind it works now. It just that I had the 11-1-2018 build already opened, and thats why 12-5 wouldnt start up. Always gives the MP3 not supported warning, even though I do have Lame and Vorbis tools installed, and the preferences, import/export settings aren't saved upon updating. Don't know if thats normal.

I)ark_Seph's Customs

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,838 posts
  • 756 thanks
I don't run into that, maybe your OS X is set up differently or there is a permission problem with where your EOF app folder is. I've been putting mine in my account's desktop and my preferences seem to save and load normally. I also get the MP3 support after having installed the Mac utilities from the EOF download page (required providing admin credentials).

Offline   Fedro

Fedro

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • 1 thanks
I do not understand the logic of "copy, paste" that has been modified.
-Some times, the copy works very well
- sometimes the copy is partial (the technical notes are not copied)
-other case, the copy of a simple chord is wrong, example: string/case D1 G0 B0 copied give at pasted D0 G0 B0
weird.

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,838 posts
  • 756 thanks
Tech notes don't copy automatically when you're copying normal notes. It never did this, but I could eventually add the ability for EOF to do that. Some other functions (ie. click and drag to move notes will move the tech notes accordingly).

If you can reliably reproduce a scenario where copying a chord and pasting it results in the pasted chord having the wrong fret numbers, let me know. If the fret numbers can't be retained because the source track has higher fret numbers than the destination track is set to allow, EOF will display a warning about this and the affected gems of the pasted note will have their fret value set to 0.

Offline   Fedro

Fedro

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • 1 thanks

Tech notes don't copy automatically when you're copying normal notes. It never did this, but I could eventually add the ability for EOF to do that

maybe it would be possible to add an option that asks before pasting something like this (do you also want to paste the technical notes that are hidden in the selection of notes "yes" "no") or then an option to add in the preferences same that (copy paste tech notes too)

Some other functions (ie. click and drag to move notes will move the tech notes accordingly).

Perfect for me

If you can reliably reproduce a scenario where copying a chord and pasting it results in the pasted chord having the wrong fret numbers, let me know

Sorry for that.

I've made some changes since then and can not get the problem I've submitted to you.

However, if this happens, I will not fail to save the problem to let you know.

Thank you for your implication.

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,838 posts
  • 756 thanks
The consensus has generally been that people don't like to be prompted for something all the time versus enabling a setting once and having it stick. Whether tech notes copy/paste automatically along with normal notes would probably be one of the checkboxes you could set in the preferences.

Offline   Fedro

Fedro

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • 1 thanks
Ok so if I understood correctly, this option will be integrated into the preferences in the next update.

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,838 posts
  • 756 thanks
In a future update, not necessarily the next.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,838 posts
  • 756 thanks
Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (12-20-2018) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:
*Fixed a bug with the %CH_SP_SEEK_SP_PATH_STATUS% macro so that it correctly reports the deployment's timing when the seek position is within the scope of a star power deployment.
*Greatly improved the performance of the %TRACK_SOLO_NOTE_COUNT%, %TRACK_SOLO_NOTE_STATS% and %TRACK_SP_NOTE_STATS% macros used in the Clone Hero panel.
*Added logic to remove duplicate star power sections that may have been added when importing multiple difficulty Feedback charts, as they define star power notes per difficulty.
*Added a %EOF_FPS% macro to display the number of frames per second rendered in the main loop of EOF (ie. doesn't update when dialogs are open, etc). This has been added to the Information panel.
*Added a warning when disabling GHL mode on a track with W3 single note gems that those gems are converted to 5 note chords.
*Added tracking for the resulting star power meter level after playing each note during star power path evaluation, and added a macro to display this in the Clone Hero panel.
*Added a "Song>Seek>Next CH SP deployable note" function that will seek to the next note (after the current seek position) at which there is enough star power to deploy in Clone Hero (the SP meter is at least 50% full).
*Added more stats about slider notes to the Clone Hero panel.
*Added the function to toggle the display of the secondary piano roll to Rex Mundi input mode's context menu.
*Added information to the Clone Hero panel about the length and effective notes per second rate reflected by the current grid snap setting at the current seek position.
*Added the NPS rate of currently selected notes to the Clone Hero panel.
*Added a red backgrounded warning to the Clone Hero panel if the active track difficulty has a solo without any notes.
*Added a yellow backgrounded warning to the Clone Hero panel if the active track has any solo that starts less than one second after a previous solo, which could cause the earlier solo's bonus score to be removed too quickly to be reasonably seen in Clone Hero.
*Improved the - and = keyboard controls (which alter the tempo of the anchor at/before the seek position) so that the dynamic highlighting (for "Seek>Highlight non grid snapped notes") updates immediately.
*Updated the Info panel to display the number of highlighted notes in the active track, ie. to display how many notes are highlighted by "Song>Highlight non grid snapped notes".
*Added the ability to use SHIFT+click to set the start and end points to reflect the portion of the chart from the previously-selected beat to the start position of the newly-selected beat.
*Changed the "Set start point" and "Set end point" functions to not mark the chart as modified.
*Organized several of the Beat menu's BPM manipulation functions into a BPM submenu.
*Added "Copy tempo map" and "Paste tempo map" functions to the Beat menu, allowing parts of a tempo map to be applied in another part of the chart, a separate chart or a separate EOF instance. To use this feature, use the "Set start point" and "Set end point" Edit menu functions (or select a beat marker and use SHIFT+click to select another beat marker) to select a part of the chart containing one or more beat markers and then use "Copy tempo map". Then select a beat marker to indicate the first beat that will be altered by the copied tempo map and use "Paste tempo map". The tempo and time signature of the applicable number of beats starting from the selected one will be updated accordingly.

You can now copy/paste a portion of the tempo map to another area, project or EOF instance. If you see the framerate listed in the Information panel drop significantly under certain circumstances (ie. using a particular Notes panel, changing to a track with a high number notes of a particular special status, etc), let me know so I can see if it can be improved. For now, it's known that the Note Counts panel can be slow on tracks that have tens of thousands of notes due to the type of processing needed.

Thanked by 2 Members:

Offline   johnr2000

johnr2000

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • 4 thanks

In Editor on Fire how do you add a note at a specific fret?  I can right click to add a note but I can't change the 0 to a 3.  I've looked everywhere online and in the program and can't figure out how to change the note.

Offline   Fedro

Fedro

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • 1 thanks
Key CTRL of keyboard + the wheel of your mouse or alors clic on the mouse wheel to choose the numbers.
Another equivalent method, "Note" > "Pro Guitar“ > Édit pro guitar Note
Or directly the N key after selecting the note.

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,838 posts
  • 756 thanks
Make sure to skim through the pro guitar tutorial in the Help menu. It was designed for authoring guitar arrangements for Rock Band 3, but most of that is applicable to Rocksmith authoring too.

Offline   Fedro

Fedro

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • 1 thanks
Sorry, I often forget that E.O.F is not just for Rocksmith.

Offline   johnr2000

johnr2000

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • 4 thanks

Hi, I did some editing on my Vocals track and now when I save I get the message, "Add MIDI phrases for lyrics/percussions not in lyric phrases?".

I haven't seen that message before.  Did I inadvertently add something wrong?  Why am I getting that message?

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,838 posts
  • 756 thanks
That means you have at least one lyric that is outside of a lyric line.

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,838 posts
  • 756 thanks
Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (1-15-2019) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:
*Corrected the SP pathing logic's scoring of partial points for disjointed chord sustains.
*Added a "Beat>Validate tempo map" function that will check if any beats' timestamps aren't accurately reflected by the tempo changes in the project, and if so, offers to correct the tempo changes to resolve this. This check is now automatically run when the project is loaded and at the end of the "Anchor measures" functions.
*Improved the automatic resnapping that occurs if a note loses grid snap during MIDI import due to number rounding so that it can resnap to the beat marker after it if that's the closest grid snap position.
*Fixed a minor bug where the difficulty tab highlighting wouldn't immediately update if using the , or . keys to change away from a custom grid snap and notes in the track using that grid snap became highlighted for being out of grid snap (for the built-in grid snap intervals).
*Improved the accuracy of EOF's capability to test a note's grid snap status or recover grid snap positioning during paste by having EOF now checking all intervals from 1/2 through 1/96 beat instead of just the default, built-in grid snap sizes. This should allow better recognition of strange intervals like 1/20 as being grid snapped.
*Added a "Phase cancellation" feature (ie. to remove center-panned vocals) for chart playback that can be toggled by using ALT+P or via the checkbox in File>Settings. A %PHASE_CANCELLATION% macro was added to allow this to be tracked.
*Changed the key to add vocal percussion notes from backspace to the 0 key (the normal one, not the number pad key), since some Mac keyboards don't have a true backspace key.
*Changed the Mac build so that the backspace key is treated as the delete key when no dialogs are open. This allows delete key shortcuts to be used on Mac keyboards that don't have a true backspace key.

The copy and clone clipboard formats have changed. Make sure to to re-perform copy or clone to clipboard before pasting or cloning from clipboard again or it will malfunction.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Offline   I)ark_Seph

I)ark_Seph

Ex-Staff Member

• Ex-Staff Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • 25 thanks
  • I)ark_Seph#3752

@raynebc Seems like when I try to download latest EOF hotfix, it always says MP3 support disabled, even though I have installed it long ago. But it only seems to go away when I reinstall it. Im on Mac btw. I think this can be easily fixed. And also, I think yours preferences and export/import settings gets saved on Windows, but not on Mac. Might be easily fixed if you can get around that.

I)ark_Seph's Customs

Change your privacy preferences (EU)