Rocksmith & Parties

Unleashed2k

Question

• Administrator

This year I was confident enough to play guitar for my guests. I also hooked up a mic & had them sing to the songs (Drunk of course).

Anyone else use Rocksmith for parties yet? What are your experiences! Good? Bad?

• Like 3

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

9 answers to this question

I did it a few years ago with RS1. Everyone had a blast and in the morning my fingers hurt SO bad. I tried whatever song they wanted, with the warning that I would suck on many of them.

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

That sounds awesome. I try and play in front of my girlfriend but she's never into it. It's not that I'm bad she just doesn't appreciate music in that way. I would be nervous in front of a party but it's my secret fantasy that one day I will be asked to play in front of all of my friends and I'll blow their minds.

• Like 1

I made sure to buy an extra cable from amazon so when we go to my brother's house or a friend's house for LAN parties we can use my bass and guitar in multiplayer, or two guitars if they have one, which most of my friends do now thanks to introducing them to RS.

I just have cheap instruments from Amazon, so I don't mind letting others try them or leaving them there overnight while I go get some sleep. So I will play some, badly also, and they can try the guitar and bass which I think is easier. The difficult part is getting the laptop within reach using HDMI, still having a good way to change songs and difficulty for the parts, and making sure no one trips on cords.

As an added benefit I get to show off the cdlc I have made myself like Misty Mountains Cold from the old hobbit cartoon which has that nostalgia factor for my family and group of friends.

• Like 1

I had some parties with rocksmith. 

I have 2 bassists and 2 guitarists friends who like to play with rocksmith too. 

We spent some nights taking turns on bass and guitars. Playing all night with the ladies on vocals. It's very cool they add the microphone. A second one could be cool.

Some fun nights.

The little problem is that i'm the only lefty so you have to go back to the menu everytime you have to change it. Same problem if someone wants the high E string on top or the opposite.

We even try to play rocksmith with a drummer. Cuting the sound of the tv and going into amps. 

That was a nightmare. Everytime the drummer speed the tempo, you can't follow the charts on the tv. A mess.

We even try to play rocksmith with a drummer. Cuting the sound of the tv and going into amps. 

That was a nightmare. Everytime the drummer speed the tempo, you can't follow the charts on the tv. A mess.

Just an idea: You could enable Metronome Bonus Arrangements in the customs you want to play, mute the original music and tell the drummer to listen to the ingame metronome. This way he can keep the original tempo ;)

See the links in my signature for a tutorial and example CDLC!

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

I used to hook up RS to a giant projector and speakers in my highschool's festival, and anyone could play whatever song they wanted. Not that many people would actually come and play, but the ones who did would stay until we had to close and we'd sing along the songs and just have a good time. This was the last time I did it since I'm graduating but it was dope.