I think it's time we talk about Game Mods

xZaggin

Question

Before I go all PC master race here, I just want to get this out there.

I'm really happy how far we made it as a community, the contribution on this website is just phenomenal. And honestly if it wasn't for the community I would probably have about 10 hours in Rocksmith max. Ever since the "smithy's incident" I feel like Customs Forge has been progressing exponentially. 

But here's where it hasn't progressed at all, the actual game itself. I'm not talking about gameplay just navigation in general. Obviously this thread is more targeted towards PC players. I always expected that there would be someone out there that would want to improve the game itself.

For the PC users out there, I hope you can relate to me when I say that the navigation is clunky. It feels like this game is just a port from the console version and they gave us no choice for controls.

Honestly I have almost 200 hours in this game already and I still mess up with the whole "9,O,0,P" thing, something that could've been easily highlighted with your mouse.

Volume knobs feel so glitchy/buggy, like I drag it to 90% for example that move my mouse to go back a screen then it suddenly moves to like 30% or whichever direction I moved my mouse. To prevent this I have to click about 2 or 3 times to make sure the knob doesn't move after I let go.

Search feature, if you're like me and have tons of CDLC's and DLC's it takes a while to get to the one you want. I'm pretty sure I have quite a few songs that I didn't play/test out because I forgot about them. I add batches of CDLC's and play them one by one, it would go so much faster if you could just search them by song,artist album or last added instead of just being able to rearrange their order.

The whole game in general feels like it can be optimized so much on the PC but the Dev's are pretty focussed on producing new content, and I don't blame them they put out good stuff and it actually generates more revenue to keep them going.

Some other mods I expected to see would've been using your guitar to move around

I.E :   making a slide from fret 3 to 9 would scroll or depending how fast or the distance of the slider. a Power chord to click ( Enter ) to go on to the next screen. And an Octave to go back?

Stuff like that

• Like 10

It does this a lot, using tone designer is nippy too.  All those little pauses can get quite frustrating.  And when you assign a tone to a slot you need to make sure you wait the 3 or 5 seconds it prescribes, or it loads the slot instead of assigning your new tone to it.   AGHAAGHAGHAGAGH

Why can't it just be a slick, quick menu system...

Honestly this is one of the main potential this game has, yet I absolutely despise using it because of how terribly frustrating it is. 

The tone designer could be such a huge part of rocksmith they just need to make it more user friendly, more or less like Guitar Rig 5.

And for the delay in the game...that is really one of the worst things ever, just because of the fact that sometimes I don't know whether my controls registered or not, I can understand that the game needs some time to process my request but it gives no sign of "loading" for small things.

Wish the game would let me play it without my cord plugged in and didn't de level me for failing. I'd like to just be able to look at the notes and play on my amp so I can hear what I'm doing more clearly. An extention tonthis, I wish every clip / preview on the song list was the full version of the song. Sometimes I just like to listen to the songs and maybe mess around a little bit, but don't want to go through the hassle of starting the song.

Wish the game would let me play it without my cord plugged in and didn't de level me for failing. I'd like to just be able to look at the notes and play on my amp so I can hear what I'm doing more clearly. An extention tonthis, I wish every clip / preview on the song list was the full version of the song. Sometimes I just like to listen to the songs and maybe mess around a little bit, but don't want to go through the hassle of starting the song.

I do this all the time.  You have to play the songs in riff repeater, that way it doesn't drop the level down.  I am also plugged into my amp and not RS, and haven't had an issue.  I just have to be sure the guitar is plugged in when started for the tuning portion, then unplug it the rest of the time.

• Like 1