Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Announcements:

We're in the middle of finishing up Ignition4 development and need your help with donations to keep our development services running. The goal also pays for our servers & other CF services we use. Any amount helps: click here to donate.

Join us on Discord | Facebook | Twitter | Patreon | Merch | Volunteer | Newsletter Issue 10 (Aug) [Special Tool Edition] w/ New Ignition Preview

Photo

What's your guilty pleasure when it comes to music?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Offline   newmans1985

newmans1985

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • 7 thanks
  • PSN:newmans85

I am curious as to what's everyone guilty pleasure when it comes to music?  Mine is Kylie Minogue which is kind of surprising to some people I know when they see that I listen to bands such as Arch Enemy and Within Temptation.

Offline   bLiNx32

bLiNx32

Hardcore Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • XBOX:bLiNx45
  • PSN:bLiNx32

I guess that I have 2:

Blue Grass music, people such as Doc Watson, Earl Sruggs and Ricky Scaggs and Alison Krauss, 'Three PIckers' is one of my most listened to albums.

and for a style of music that perplexes some around me, German bands such as Wir Sind Helden and Rammstein, I don't speak German but I love listening to them and playing them in RS.

A quick scan of my Ipod shows bands like Green Day, AC/DC and Reverend and the Makers but look closer and you'll see the music mentioned above, I haven't taken to hiding them in secret folders yet though ha ha

Offline   NoonyDeloony

NoonyDeloony

Hall of Fame Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  • 24 thanks

Steam Profile

Belle and Sebastian and Dr.Hook... though, the latter I don't feel that guilty about because they're awesome, but whenever I've mentioned them there is always several raised eyebrows in the room... I just figure one mans guilty pleasure is another mans box of treasure :)

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube....yDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

Offline   then3verend

then3verend

Ex-Staff Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts
  • 20 thanks
  • PSN:The-Neverend

Mine would be taking a lot of songs and play with them in audacity

I love tuning a lot of songs a half a step up, down, messing with the speed, to get another feel for it

Many nice scores on all songs :)

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

Offline   missis sumner

missis sumner

Not exactly an early adopter...

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts
  • 43 thanks

I don't count Abba or the Bee Gees as a guilty pleasure, but Taylor Swift on the other hand...

All about the bass, no treble...

https://docs.google....WP8/edit#gid=37

Offline   Huumetucca

Huumetucca

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • 5 thanks
No such thing. I got enough balls to say that I listen to Nickelback and I like it. DWI.

Offline   newmans1985

newmans1985

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • 7 thanks

No such thing. I got enough balls to say that I listen to Nickelback and I like it. DWI.

Nothing wrong with Nickelback.  I have all but the first two cds.  Not a fan of them.

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

Done Nothing for the Community

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,152 posts
  • 585 thanks

Donator

No guilty pleasure, i listen to what i like no matter what the other think of it and i don't care about what other think of what i listen! :D

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Offline   Huumetucca

Huumetucca

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • 5 thanks

Nothing wrong with Nickelback.  I have all but the first two cds.  Not a fan of them.

I know, just used it as an example seeing how they tend to get a lot of hate everywhere.

Offline   harvis

harvis

Guitar God

• 2,569 posts
  • 63 thanks

I am curious as to what's everyone guilty pleasure when it comes to music?  Mine is Kylie Minogue which is kind of surprising to some people I know when they see that I listen to bands such as Arch Enemy and Within Temptation.

I don't listen to Kylie Minogue but I saw one of her concerts on the T.V. and I really enjoyed it! My guilty pleasures aren't any particular band but rather certain bubblegum songs. .e.g Sugar, Sugar by the Archies; MMMBop-Hanson; Fox on the Run-Sweet etc.

"Every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better"-Inspector Dreyfus

Offline   Dominoid

Dominoid

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks

Steam Profile

Some people get upset to learn that there's a McFly CD next to my Megadeth CDs and Lady Gaga sandwiched between Lacuna Coil and Lamb of God. I'm eclectic. I don't really think of them as guilty pleasures as such, the title is reserved for my love of Eurovision...

Offline   Rodman

Rodman

L68.5 R69.9 B85 (w301)

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

• 5,247 posts
  • 293 thanks

User's Awards

Roxette .... no wait there is something really fierce in my CD-shelf which i must say i love to listen to (man i hardly dare....)

:blush: East 17 - Thunder :blush:

surrounded by Volbeat, ACDC, Megadeth, ´tallica, Unearth.... :)

Offline   Dominoid

Dominoid

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks

Steam Profile

That's a great song! No shame in that.

Offline   Blazikiller

Blazikiller

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • 6 thanks
  • PSN:Blazikiller

I don't really have "guilty pleasures" in my music listening. I take my influences in my own songs from everywhere and I love a wide variety of bands, even though I'm into all sorts of stuff. In my iTunes you'll find stuff from classic metal like Sabbath and Priest, to a variety of jazz, to metalcore, then some classic punk like Bad Religion, The Clash. Then some progressive metal. All sorts of acoustic artists and alt rock. Death Metal, Grunge, some hip-hop/rap, classical, and my current gems post-hardcore and melodic hardcore which I find are so beautiful and moving.

Offline   Rockinbiscuit

Rockinbiscuit

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • 8 thanks

No guilty pleasure, i listen to what i like no matter what the other think of it and i don't care about what other think of what i listen! :D

Same here.... though I'd love to dress up, go on stage and play Dr Frankenfurter singing 'Sweet Transvestite' ....

.... though I think the wife and daughter will think I'm a bit peculiar since I'm a 35 year old man, 22 stone (139kg, 309lbs) and 6'1". In fact I think I would feel a bit peculiar too  :P 

There are quite a lot of stage show's/musicals I'd love to be in playing parts like that, Audry II from Little Shop Of Horror's etc....

No 'Annie' though, the little ginger girl in that still haunts me from my childhoof to this day

tris

Offline   newmans1985

newmans1985

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • 7 thanks
Love reading all the responses. I guess really I should say something that is out of the norm for you to listen to. Some people give me a weird look for liking hair metal and symphonic metal. Growing up my favorite band was Dokken but that all changed when I heard Within Temptation for the first time a little over a year ago.

Offline   manchot66

manchot66

Jon Snow's Father

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts
  • 158 thanks

Hall and Oates, even though I think Darryl Hall sounds good with any type of music he plays.  Saw them in Anaheim and I was the only person under 50 in the whole place.  Did I mention I was extremely intoxicated and wouldn't stop singing at the top of my lungs?  You know you're an asshole when the whole band has noticed you in the 15th row.  Ah, youth.

0hOAbRe.png

Offline   Stabby_McStabbins

Stabby_McStabbins

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks

My guilty pleasure is just about any '80's Pop music. I am the guy who gets Rickrolled and watches the whole video.

Offline   justgimmethefunk

justgimmethefunk

Touring Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • 144 thanks

Donator

Ahem... 'Frozen' OST ?

op7dL0U.gif
(Click me)

** See my releases and WIP here **

Pink Floyd DLC list

Queen DLC list

The Beatles DLC list

Offline   dazedandbemused

dazedandbemused

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • 5 thanks

Some people get upset to learn that there's a McFly CD next to my Megadeth CDs and Lady Gaga sandwiched between Lacuna Coil and Lamb of God. I'm eclectic. I don't really think of them as guilty pleasures as such, the title is reserved for my love of Eurovision...

Nothing wrong with Eurovision. Whether it's the suggestive milkmaids in the Polish entry, or the fact that Alestorm did a cover of Estonia's 2008 song, Wolves of the Sea...

Anyway, the thing in my music collection that probably doesn't 'fit' the rest of it is, more than likely, the collection of Gilbert & Sullivan light opera.