Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Announcements:

$329 left in our donation goal. Any amount helps: click here to donate.

Join us on Discord | Facebook | Twitter | Patreon | Merch | Volunteer | Newsletter Issue 10 (Aug) [Special Tool Edition] w/ New Ignition Preview

Photo

Phill Rudd drummer of AC/DC Arrested today (06/11/2014) NZDT

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Offline   Ardalista

Ardalista

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • 138 thanks

Steam Profile

AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd will appear in the Tauranga District Court this afternoon charged with attempting to procure a murder.

The charge was laid after police raided the drummer's home on the Tauranga waterfront at Matua this morning.

He is also charged with possession of methamphetamine, possession of cannabis and threatening to kill.

Police said a 60-year-old man would appear in court today.

Police searched Rudd's Tauranga home this morning.

Rudd is the only Australian-born member of the band. In 2003, he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame with the other members of AC/DC.

Rudd moved to New Zealand in 1983 after he was kicked out of the band.

He re-joined the band in 1994 and has since been in and out of New Zealand while touring and recording.

AC/DC has a new album, Rock or Bust, due out on December 2.

Source

Offline   spellbound

spellbound

Master Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • 27 thanks

uh oh....this can't be good :(

Offline   Ardalista

Ardalista

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • 138 thanks

Steam Profile

Yeah. Has to potential to put a dampener on their next tour and possibly the future of ac/dc

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Offline   spellbound

spellbound

Master Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • 27 thanks

I just heard some of the charges were dropped...any idea if this is true?.... maybe there is hope for the new album tour yet :)

Offline   dazedandbemused

dazedandbemused

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • 5 thanks

Yeah. Has to potential to put a dampener on their next tour and possibly the future of ac/dc

And Malcolm Young getting diagnosed with dementia didn't?

When it comes down to it, AC/DC need a solid drummer, not a mind-blowingly innovative one.

Offline   Ardalista

Ardalista

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • 138 thanks

Steam Profile

I just heard some of the charges were dropped...any idea if this is true?.... maybe there is hope for the new album tour yet :)

yes mate, the most serious of all the charges was withdrawn, leaving on the minor charges for drugs and threatening to kill

And Malcolm Young getting diagnosed with dementia didn't?

When it comes down to it, AC/DC need a solid drummer, not a mind-blowingly innovative one.

Probably more so than Phil but this news article wasn't discussing Malcolm's ailment. and my comment above was made while taking into account Malcolm's departure from the band, now a 2nd solid member potentially out (any drugs conviction is likely to prevent Phill from being able to enter some countries, such as the USA) all too early to say with certainty and until he's proven guilty we can only hope for the best.  but keep in mind this is not the first time Phil has been in front of a judge on drugs charges.  his original conviction on drug posession was overturned on appeal a few years back due to the affect it would have on him and the band (for the reason I stated above)  I doubt the courts will go so lightly on him a 2nd time around, especially when he's now been caught with methemphatamine which is a whole new ball game.