Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Announcements

We need to hit at least half of our goal asap! Click here to donate!

We've posted our first newsletter. We plan on expanding it to include featured CDLC and more!

We're looking for more volunteers! At the moment we are looking for a server admin, social media manager/newsletter writer, and another web developer fluent in jquery, bootstrap, datatables

You can find the details here:
http://customsforge.com/index.php/topic/48145-customsforge-october-volunteers/

We're working on removing all bad advertisements. If you experience any please use this form:
https://goo.gl/forms/7A32R0MuzQu4WJSd2

We appreciate if you could whitelist us and report any suspicious ads.
CFSM has a CDLC rating system in testing! We need your help!

Photo

Jimi Hendrix Offical DLC 12 Song Pack!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Offline   TimeIsFading

TimeIsFading

Contributor

• Day One Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • 82 thanks

Steam Profile

Apparently if you’re a PS4 or Xbox One owner, you can get these for free starting December 16th till January 31st. Also 360/PS3/PC/Mac players will have to purchase the songs.

Jimi Hendrix Song Pack ($29.99, free for PS4 and Xbox One owners until January 31st, 2015)

·         Jimi Hendrix – Freedom

·         The Jimi Hendrix Experience – Bold As Love

·         The Jimi Hendrix Experience – Castles Made of Sand

·         The Jimi Hendrix Experience – Fire

·         The Jimi Hendrix Experience – Foxey Lady

·         The Jimi Hendrix Experience – If 6 Was 9

·         The Jimi Hendrix Experience – Little Wing

·         The Jimi Hendrix Experience – Manic Depression

·         The Jimi Hendrix Experience – Purple Haze

·         The Jimi Hendrix Experience – Red House

·         The Jimi Hendrix Experience – Voodoo Child (Slight Return)

·         The Jimi Hendrix Experience – The Wind Cries Mary

Not that we don't already have these songs done by great charters like smirocsmo, fabianosan, PC Plum, 6fingers, and others. Too bad the Rocksmith team waited so long. Probably this has to do with Bandfuse. What do you guys think?

Always check and use -> The latest Toolkit builds

To disable dynamic difficulty and not get the 100% accuracy bug don't use the override to max option, but instead disable DD and set sight reading level to Max. With this configuration the 100% bug does not surface.

Thanked by 2 Members:

Offline   Azrael

Azrael

Touring Guitarist

• Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • 47 thanks

Donator

Thanks for the heads up!

Normally that's not my style (I try to only download what I really intend to play, and Jimi has been quite out of reach so far) but now I just grabbed everything I could - better download those CDLCs to my harddrive before they get deleted here :-)

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

Offline   dave

dave

Master Guitarist

• Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • 18 thanks

Donator

pretty mixed feelings, amazing dlc pack :P ......free to bone and PSwhores  :angry:  .... all console release :D  .......free to new console owners :angry:  .

4 versions bought since release.......over 1300 quid spent on upgrading pc equipment and sound systems and couple of grands worth of guitars/basses.....not one penny regretted.... but seeing an announcement which is basically "new customers only" sticks in my craw a bit.

Stoked to see jimi but the shine got knocked off somewhat.

Ps....been trying to post this for about 20 mins and it wouldnt post for some reason.

Online   Alex360

Alex360

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,474 posts
  • 342 thanks

I hope we won't touch our CDLC till 31 Jan because it's huge amount of time before you can actually get it. right, @ForgeOn?

Offline   ForgeOn

ForgeOn

Classy Code Monkey

• Ex-Staff Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • 35 thanks

We'll see. It is a bummer that they are only giving it to the new consoles... :\

Offline   Brooklyn_Sounds

Brooklyn_Sounds

Hall of Fame Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts
  • 340 thanks

All the songs will be available on Dec. 16th for all platforms, XB1 and PS4 owners get them for free until Jan 31st. The rest of us pay $30 for the 12 pack. http://www.theriffre...h-2014-on-1216/

Offline   Xstatic

Xstatic

Guitar God

• Charter
  • 2,269 posts
  • 549 thanks

I am all for bringing in new customers but this seems like a move that could potentially piss off alot of current customers.

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

Done Nothing for the Community

• Administrator

• 3,863 posts
  • 548 thanks

Donator

I don't see why we should be piss off, it's a move to bring more (new) customers to the One/PS4 version which will only help them to get even more money to keep doing what they are doing which will be good for everybody.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Offline   PC Plum

PC Plum

Hall of Fame Guitarist

• Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • 805 thanks

Booooo!  Hours of work on Red House down the toilet :(

It's about time there was Jimi dlc anyway, it is a flippin guitar game after all :D

The pro charts will be gorgeous.

Think I'll time some live Jimi stuff for simultaneous release...

Offline   richomat

richomat

Master Guitarist

• Day One Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • 22 thanks

Steam Profile

No it's not. It was hours of joy playing it. Thanks for the great CDLC man!
However I will also get the official Jimi pack.

Offline   raveyman

raveyman

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 49 posts
  • 1 thanks

I can see both sides of the argument here. On the one hand, it is perfectly logical for Ubi to want to attract purchasers of the next-gen version so as to warrant the work involved in making that version. On the other, loyal DLC buyers who have given Ubi a lot of money over the past year have to shell out again and see others new to the program get something they didnt get. I find it odd that Ubi didnt foresee that a backlash would come from at least some customers.

I think it would have been wiser to do the following:

1) offer Hendrix and Tom Petty for ALL platforms at same time for the cost as set

2) for first time purchasers on an XB1/PS4, they get the usual disc set of songs PLUS a couple of the older DLC packs, such as Pearl Jam or The Who because then most current owners who probably already had them would have less reason to feel jealous

3) upgrading purchasers (who had say a version on another platform or earlier iteration and therefore have a code to prove it) and are therefore effectively paying for a second copy of RS2014, maybe they are entitled to free Hendrix as well as some older DLC because people would be less likely to begrudge it for someone who is spending on 2 copies.

I reckon that would have caused less angst. Ubi need to hire me as marketing manager.

Offline   PC Plum

PC Plum

Hall of Fame Guitarist

• Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • 805 thanks

No it's not. It was hours of joy playing it. Thanks for the great CDLC man!
However I will also get the official Jimi pack.

I was only joking, but thanks for reminding me that others enjoy it too :D

I was thinking this morning...  let next gen console owners have the Jimi for free, they can't exactly play customs can they???  They need something to play :D

Offline   tron001

tron001

Touring Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • 79 thanks

On next gen version there is a new feature, not so determinant but is present, called the Auto-Play (essentially is playing a song without any feedbacks or score) and also new features  about streaming and sharing your gameplay.

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

Done Nothing for the Community

• Administrator

• 3,863 posts
  • 548 thanks

Donator

@tron001 : The streaming is purely an option on the console side which is available on X1 and PS4 as a feature (more shown in the presentation on the PS4.

The auto-play is already possible on PC/X360/PS3 bassically called "nonstop play" on the main menu.

@raveyman : Your proposition is only good for the consumer side but cost even more from the company but for what? just to calm down some player (not a majority) that had already paid anyway...

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Offline   tron001

tron001

Touring Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • 79 thanks

@tron001 : The streaming is purely an option on the console side which is available on X1 and PS4 as a feature (more shown in the presentation on the PS4.

The auto-play is already possible on PC/X360/PS3 bassically called "nonstop play" on the main menu.

Thanks for clarify it, i just read a description of the product  and it was described ad an exclusive feature  of the next gen version  but probably is quite  the same thing.

Offline   Joe

Joe

Master Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • 8 thanks

This is amazing. After the Hendrix folk signed on with BandFuse, I thought it would be a looong time (or never) before RS was able to release any Hendrix. With the demise of BF, the rights holders wasted little time allowing RS to have at it, though. 

One could quibble about the price, or that the BOne/PS4 people get it for free, but remember the main thing: 12 Hendrix songs at once! That's very cool. Surprised they didn't do Crosstown Traffic (one of my faves).

Edit: Just checked the CDLC and Crosstown Traffic is here, of course, though I somehow missed it. You guys rock! Many thanks, Karmeleaux!!

For the love of god, people, no bitching/whining/complaining. If you don't like something, either state it constructively...or keep it to yourself.

Offline   zanzibarnights

zanzibarnights

Expert Guitarist

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • 5 thanks

Donator

You should ban some of your idiot members on Facebook advertising CustomForge because they don't want to spend $30

Offline   zanzibarnights

zanzibarnights

Expert Guitarist

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • 5 thanks

Donator

4RCFmrm.png

so many idiots

Offline   Rockinbiscuit

Rockinbiscuit

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • 8 thanks

Just refreshed my steam page clear.png

I'll have to log into steam and see how much I have left in my wallet.... that said, I'll have to see how they look, some of his stuff could be challenging for me, that and I still have the rest to get through.

tris

Offline   PC Plum

PC Plum

Hall of Fame Guitarist

• Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • 805 thanks

I'm gonna have to try Red House, but according to Riff Repeater website it has no bass and is Eb Standard (mine was way off pitch).  There are so many versions of Jimi songs wonder which one they used...

And I lost my Little Wing Live at the Albert Hall too...  so sad :(