Mac users updating to Yosemite

gomer11

Question

Hey fellow Mac users. I updated to Yosemite today and the good news is that Rocksmith still works great with all of the CDLC. Nothing seems to have changed. 

The bad news is that my customsongtoolkit no longer opens. It was working perfectly fine before the update to Yosemite. I have downloaded several of the previous releases to test and received the same result. I also reinstalled Mono. Basically, it spins the beachball for a moment, appears in the dock and just hangs. It needs to then be force quit. 

So...if any of you manage to find a working version of the tool kit for Mac on Yosemite, please share if at all possible. I will continue to try to find a working version and will update this if I find one. 

Just wanted to let others know that are considering upgrading that it may cause this issue for you as well.

5 answers to this question

you always can use windows build, ther was build on forum with programm that allows you to run win build of RSTK under mono.(Mac support is still patial, no wem>ogg and cdlc generator\ddc\inlays)

• Like 1

Another member by the username of bundito has created a version of the toolkit that works on OSX Yosemite. You can read about what he did and download it from this thread HERE

All I have done with it is convert a couple songs from PC to Mac and it worked perfectly. Actually much better and less buggy than the Mono version I was using previously. Hopefully it will help you too.

Thanks for the info.  I was considering doing the upgrade, but if it breaks the toolkit, then it kinda limits the amount of CDLC usable because many tracks don't have a version for OSX, or if a version for OSX is provided it doesn't tend to work for me, so I convert CDLC from PC to OSX.

Anyone else finding that much of the OSX CDLC doesn't work until you've converted it yourself?