Your volume is low and doesn't pick up E string

Ally

Question

I recently got a Fender J-Bass (bought cheap) everything seems to be fine with it except everytime i tune it tells me my volume is too low, but the volume is turned all the way up on the bass and it struggles to pick up E string while tuning and playing (the amount of notes it misses cos it thinks i havent hit it is ridiculous). I've tried calibrating but still get the same thing. Anyone know what it could be causing it?

6 answers to this question

This issue has been well documented on RS forums. Unfortunately, the official RS forum has a lot of fanboys who seem unwilling to believe Ubisoft could have possibly slipped up here, and usually typical advice tends to be that 'you are fretting too hard' or it is your intonation etc etc.

Whether this is true I cannot say as I am no expert, but I do recommend checking your sound settings for the RS adaptor cable because it is always set at 17 for 'listening' and needs to be pushed up and saved. It may help alleviate the problem, but will require you to do this everytime you play as it resets.

Anyway I feel your pain. I have even been told I made a poor performance on some of the easiest songs in the game because RS wouldnt recognise some notes I played. I sincerely hope Ubisoft take note for any future iteration.

I use a Mexican Fender Jazz Bass and I get that message constantly.  I've made +150 cdlc and put in about 100 hours on bass, don't worry about it man :D

As long as you calibrate you should hear it fine.  I calibrate every time I change between guitar and bass.

A few times I've had that message on my Fender Strat (guitar) too.

As far as not recognising the bottom E on the bass, I get that too.  I find that striking the sting close to the bridge helps (especially when tuning).  I think that it's just the "flabbiness" of the bottom E on bass, and RS has a hard time recognising the "strike point" in the audio graph of fresh hits.  When I play songs with repeated bottom Es on the bass I try to dampen the string between hits so that RS "sees" a clear re-hit on the string.

And I, personally, leave it on auto cable volume.  I've tried manually setting it, but I find that (for me) the best note recognition is on the auto setting.

Calibrating didn't work, didn't make any difference whatsoever. Never had the error message on my Stagg or Fender guitars, only the bass.

Yeah i do find hitting the string lower down triggers in the string, but also have to hit it really hard, and i mean REALLY hard. Since turning up the cable volume I don't have to whack it one lol.