Need an advice on a Guitar case

rummhamm87

So I just bought a DBZ barchetta rx-r1 a few months ago and I wanted to get a case for it. Just wondering if it's that big of a difference between a hard shell or soft case. Also, just wondering if anyone knows of any other case that would work for this guitar other than buying a case specifically made by dbz http://s28.postimg.org/jljdtvhjh/image.jpg

If you want to actually protect it, get a hard case. Usually the case the company sells will fit more snuggly, therefore protecting it better. There may be plenty of cases the are close enough though. SKB universal electric guitar case comes to mind.

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

Unless you're gigging a lot, and letting others move/setup your equipment, you can just get by with a soft case (ie. gig bag).

I've got hard shell cases for most of my guitars, but they are in my closet, and I mainly use my soft cases now. Soft cases are much lighter, can strap it to my back so I can walk around with it, and easier to take in and out (just unzip it).

If I was still playing with my band and going out on gigs, I might go back to hard shell cases as we pile up our gear in a truck and you don't want your stuff to get smashed.

But if you're just playing with friends, or mainly home, a soft cases is more than fine (and much cheaper, too).