Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Announcements:

We're in the middle of finishing up Ignition4 development and need your help with donations to keep our development services running. The goal also pays for our servers & other CF services we use. Any amount helps: click here to donate.

Join us on Discord | Facebook | Twitter | Patreon | Merch | Volunteer | Newsletter Issue 10 (Aug) [Special Tool Edition] w/ New Ignition Preview

Photo

Installing SteamOS Beta

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Offline   andrake

andrake

Medium Guitarist

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • 9 thanks

Hello All,

Has anyone attempted to install SteamOS on a computer yet?  I know it is still in Beta.  I had left my RS laptop at home yesterday and thought I would try it out.  I'll include links below.  I downloaded and followed directions to the letter and it appears to not write to the hard drive.  I put a 500 gig drive in the machine that had windows 7 installed.  After running through the SteamOS installed, Windows 7 still boots up.  I've used diskpart to clean the disk and then ran the install.  Then I still have an unpartitioned disk.  I seem to be missing something.  What have been your experiences with it?

Download: http://store.steampo...teamos/download

Instructions: http://store.steampo...os/buildyourown

Offline   Azrael

Azrael

Touring Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • 47 thanks

Donator

I would assume that you can get better feedback in the Steam OS group:

http://steamcommunit.../discussions/1/

Rocksmith 2014 doesn't even run on Linux / Steam OS, so since I don't have a second PC its not really an option for me.

I am really looking forward to the Steam Controller, though. :-)

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

Offline   andrake

andrake

Medium Guitarist

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • 9 thanks

Thanks for the link.  It is disappointing that not all Steam games will run on a Steam PC.  I thought they would have some sort of WINE setup to allow for Windows only games.  I see that the now have released an ISO.  I'll go down that path and see what I get.