Rocksmith 2014 on Mac, CDLC Limit?

sideone

Question

Hey all-

I have been playing RS1/RS2014 for a few years now. It has helped to increase speed with scales, chord changes, and tempo.  It has helped to replace a metronome while learning songs. I had reached a plateau on the game for a while, but then found cdlc. I am now armed with a nice collection of every song that ive ever wanted to play! (thanks charters!)

I am having issues though. RS2014 is running on a Macbook pro (mid 2010). I have (tediously) examined every downloaded CDLC to make sure all tracks load properly. All tracks were grouped alphabetically and then loaded into the dlc/ folder by chunks. So i would test A-F, before testing the G-L group. Then I would proceed to M-O, etc. I have removed all tracks that would not show the guitar neck or note highway. I thought this process would fix the loading issues (post tuning), but it has not.

When all songs are loaded into the dlc directory, rocksmith semi-freezes, with only the speaker cabinets animating when the guitar is used. Anytime the dlc directory is populated with over 300 songs at any given time, all tracks seem to freeze in this same way.

Is it possible that two tracks are conflicting and causing ALL songs to load improperly? I have checked for duplicates, and only found the same titles (in different formats, _m/_p) from purchased dlcs (about 40 or so). I also have Cherub, purchased songs, and the rs1 compatibility files in the dlc/ directory.

Is there a limit to how many tracks can be loaded into the dlc/ directory at the same time on a mac?

In the past week, i have upgraded the Apple's memory to 8GB, replaced the HDD for a SSD, and have upgraded the OS to the current Yosemite beta. Looking into mem/top,etc, the system looks to be running as expected.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks,

9 answers to this question

Rawk-

How many tracks were you able to store in dlc/ without causing errrors? I wonder if it is a 10.9 issue.

I have done alot of work getting my other audio related programs/hardware to play nicely under 10.9. The Native instruments stack; traktor (vinyl tables) + akai apc40, guitar rig+rig kontrol, audacity, and audio 6 are now working properly without latency.  I currently split rocksmith audio. The guitar audio is routed using a bigshot ABY (w/ground lift) through rig kontrol and i use guitar rig to emulate tones. I then route the audio from RS to a pair of KRK rokit monitors. I thought this would be the biggest issue to overcome, but i see that it is not. I will gladly rip apart this configuration and revert to ML if it works properly with the lot of CDLCS. Changing out the dlc/ directory's content is not the biggest deal in the world, but it would be great to cycle through all songs instead of a sampling.

Could someone else chime in and let us know if you have had success with > 300 CDLCs under ML or another MacOS build?

thanks,

Just a quick update.

Over the weekend, i had formatted and reinstalled a fresh copy of 10.9. I had only installed steam, rocksmith, cdlcs, and the RS injector to test the environment. Unfortunatly, i had found the same issues that were affecting the yosemite build.

Could there be an issue with rsinjector or rocksmith that prevents a high number of DLCs to be loaded?

thanks,

I think it might be a problem caused by either a bad cDLC, or two or more cDLC's that are conflicting with each other.

I have 313 customs, 230+ official DLC, all of (at least I think) the original RS1 dlc, plus the original RS1 on-disc songs.

I haven't experienced any problems other than cDLC's conflicting with each other.  I tend to add them 5 or less at a time and test each one, along with playing a few previously added customs, before adding any more.

I'm using RS2014 on a Macbook Retina and a Mac Mini, both running Mavericks 10.9.4.

Wepeel -

First off. great name, ive seen weezer in concert too many times to mention.

Anyhow, i did check each cDLC to make sure each song played. However, i did not try to add the tracks 5 at a time to the dlc/ directory. I did add in chunks of 100 i believe. I will try again to find the threshold.  thanks for the help , ill post my findings as i make progress.

thanks,

It's nice to run into somebody who actually gets the reference :).  Most people think I just have a weird screen name.

Anyway...

This might, and I do want to underline the "might", help you figure it out faster...

You can add the "Date Added" column in Finder by opening your dlc folder and right clicking on any column to bring up the column list.  Then sort in descending order (so newest files first) and remove however many files you need to in order to get under the 300 custom mark.  Load up RS and make sure things go smoothly, to verify that the problem is/might be caused by any recent customs you've added.  If it's still locking up, remove some more and try again.

Then you can just add them back slowly from there and you won't have to go through the entire 300+ customs you have.

Also, it might be worth noting that any time you have a lot of customs in your dlc folder it's recommended that you let the game fully enumerate the song list before going into the "Learn A Song" menu.  As you probably already know, this can take some time but it's worth waiting it out.

I occasionally run into freezing problems if I go into LAS without letting the game finish enumerating.  I can usually tell that it might happen because the art work doesn't show up for most songs, and once I stop scrolling and the game tries to load the audio preview of whatever song I stopped at the game will freeze.

paranoid, great idea!

I have been pulling my hair out trying to find any type of cdlc duplicate or error. The issue just seems to arise when there are a numerous amount of cldcs in the .../dlc directory. I didnt think about a patch, but that does make sense as all cdlcs seem to load without issue individually or in < 200 CLDC items in the directory.

How do i back out of a patch? Should i reinstall RS and disable the bg updates? Or can i remove some patch files from some steam directory?

thanks.