How many guitars do you have?

Rimbaudrillard

Question

In my house I have 3 electrics, an acoustic, a classical, a bass, and two First Act kids guitars.  If you count them all I also have 8.  I'll be passing the First Act guitars on to someone else soon.  The acoustic is in bad shape but it belonged to my mother so it is hard to give that one up.  The 3 electrics and bass are the only ones that get any real playing done on them.

• Like 1

I've got 3 - a cheapo Superstrat, a cheapo Harley Benton strat built from a DIY kit and a cheapo Harley Benton SG built from a DIY kit.

I've got a cheapo Meridian 15W practice amp and a Digitech RP255 multi-effects and modelling pedal.

I really want to upgrade my gear but haven't got a great deal of cash at the moment.

• Like 1

I've lost count.  :P

• Like 2

My customs can be found here.

Don't be that guy who takes the .gpx file available on a tab sharing website, slaps it together in EOF without editing it, then releases it without a second thought. Please test and refine your customs, for the good of everyone on CF.

I have 4. Been playing about 20 months.

My first was a Squire Strat that my wife bought me for Christmas as a surprise.

I bought  myself a 2013 Fender American Deluxe Strat that has hardly any use.

I was given a Ibanez copy from a friend.

Last summer I bought myself an Epiphone Les Paul 60's Tribute+. It is my current everyday guitar.

• Like 2

after my last guitar .. ive made a personal rule .. the number of guitars i may own is 7.  7 is the number of guitars i have.  i may have 6 guitars, if i am in the process of getting a new one, 8 is too many guitars, and so, one must go.  9.. is right out! 

this way, i have the guitars to enable me to play any style, tuning, or song i wish.  and i am forced to always upgrade .. never down.

• Like 8

I have five.

Takamine EG530ASC six string electric-acoustic

Epiphone DR-212 twelve string acoustic

PRS-SE singlecut electric

Washburn X-29 Electric

Washburn T-24 Taurus bass

The PRS is for standard and drop D and the Washburn is strung heavy for lower tunings. I generally leave it in E-flat so I can quick switch in Rocksmith, but it can comfortably go down to drop C

My next guitar will likely have a trem bar and single coils, probably a Strat, but who knows when that will be.

• Like 1

I have 8 as well.  1 in E standard, 1 in C standard, 1 in D standard, 1 in Eb, 1 in Drop Db, 1 in A standard (seven string), 1 in Drop D, and one in C# standard.

To me it's good to have multiple guitars because of the fact that changing the tuning too many times can be bad for the guitar if it isn't set up properly.  At least that's what the guy who does my setups for me says.

• Like 3

I have 4 electric guitars (Les Paul, Stratocaster, semi-accoustic guitar and Explorer with Floyd Rose and EMGs for heavy stuff). They are hanging above the couch in the living room. I also have an acoustic, a bass and a ukulele. I honestly love all of them and use them all all the time. 

By the end of the year I'm hoping of buying a telecaster and an SG.

You can never have too many guitars in my opinion. 

• Like 2

I have 4. Been playing about 20 months.

My first was a Squire Strat that my wife bought me for Christmas as a surprise.

I bought  myself a 2013 Fender American Deluxe Strat that has hardly any use.

I was given a Ibanez copy from a friend.

Last summer I bought myself an Epiphone Les Paul 60's Tribute+. It is my current everyday guitar.

I actually have an Epi Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus as well. In Vintage Sunburst. A gorgeous looking and great sounding guitar. It really plays and feels and looks so much better than a Gibson Studio Deluxe despite being half the price. I highly recommend it to anyone. Amazing value for money. Although I like all my guitars, I use this one the most, by far.

• Like 2

I agree..

a friend of mine (female) asked me a little while ago: "why do you have so many guitars? you can only play one at a time"..

after my question "how many pairs of shoes do you have..??" there first was silence, and then she changed the topic of our conversation.. 

• Like 6

I agree..

a friend of mine (female) asked me a little while ago: "why do you have so many guitars? you can only play one at a time"..

after my question "how many pairs of shoes do you have..??" there first was silence, and then she changed the topic of our conversation.. 

Haha, I had the EXACT same conversation, but I used purses instead of shoes (she has at least 3 same size brown purses). She said it wasn't the same. Damn right it's not!

• Like 3

I agree..

Touché